Shake-Down Expedition Of My Hand-Built Overlanding Camper

WLDRIDE

WLDRIDE
Supporting Member
Hooray, it didn't fall to pieces!

My son and I pulled the overlanding camper up to 9,000' elevation and spent three days and two nights. There are some things we'll tweak, but over-all we were very happy with the camper design and performance. Can't wait to go again.

side.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome! You are getting some great rewards for all your efforts. Beautiful country! I live in the Northeast so I really appreciate those inside and outside temps!

Reactions: WLDRIDE
Sweet trailer, looks real usable!
It's always good to get those first few shakedown trips done,
and the project works and doesn't fall apart! Great Job.

Hooray, it didn't fall to pieces!

My son and I pulled the overlanding camper up to 9,000' elevation and spent three days and two nights. There are some things we'll tweak, but over-all we were very happy with the camper design and performance. Can't wait to go again.

View attachment 222454

View attachment 222455

View attachment 222503

View attachment 222463

View attachment 222464

View attachment 222466

View attachment 222467

View attachment 222468

View attachment 222469

View attachment 222470

View attachment 222471

View attachment 222472

View attachment 222473
Thx for sharing !!!! 👍🏿👍🏿👍🏿

Looks fantastic; nice job. Can't wait to build something like this and take the kids camping. (When they're older and not so whiny).

Love how it turned out....and warm too (that has to be a big plus at that elevation) nice colour match to your TJ soft top by the way.You could go into business with that design.
Just an idea If you painted some bits Forrest green to match the Sahara body colour it would look like there made for each other...

Love how it turned out....and warm too (that has to be a big plus at that elevation) nice colour match to your TJ soft top by the way.You could go into business with that design.
Just an idea If you painted some bits Forrest green to match the Sahara body colour it would look like there made for each other...
I actually started out wanting to paint it to match the body color of my TJ. But, the camper is painted with house paint and the paint store could not even come close to matching the auto body paint color on my TJ. So, I went with matching the soft top, which they were able to do. Someday, if I wanted to and had the money, I could get the camper painted by an auto body shop.