STICKY Share Your 3D Design Files (or Sell a DIY Part)

It takes the same cabin filter as a JK. The inventor created the modular version first and the files are free. He has since upgraded to a single piece version which he sells for $40 on eBay. I'm a cheap mofo so, I'll print the free version. But for those that want to buy the single piece the link is below. He also has a water shield for it, but he says it's not really necessary.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1159138737...pid=5337789113&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1159898397...pid=5337789113&customid=&toolid=10001&mkevt=1

My luck with printing stuff hasn't been great. I can't print it myself so I send it to the local library for pennies per minute. But I can't ask for specific type and everything I have had them do has eventually warped. I'll pay the $49

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
My luck with printing stuff hasn't been great. I can't print it myself so I send it to the local library for pennies per minute. But I can't ask for specific type and everything I have had them do has eventually warped. I'll pay the $49

The library is going to do it as cheap as possible so they're using PLA filament. PLA sucks outdoors. It's brittle and prone to warping in the heat.

Reactions: MikekiM
I've had a winch solenoid mount I designed and printed in PETG under the hood of my F150 for probably 5 years/40,000 miles. Printed with regular infill (30%?). No issues.

You can also get PETG with self extinguishing additives to help with fire prevention. It's a little harder to print but removes a fire fuel source.

Well, there is another way...

TJ Cabin Filter.jpg

🙄

I had some design ideas I was mulling over:
  • a gas catch can for the fuel that spits out of the fuel filler, hangs from filler bolts; drain with hose nipple to fill your Rotopax. Requires filament that doesn’t react with petroleum.
  • a modular duck holder for the dash (print one per duck) - fastens to the dash with drywall screws
  • an angry grille printed in 32 easy-to-assemble pieces; bear teeth optional
  • break-away hi-lift jack mount for hood; breaks free in case of an accident so it only injures occupants of other vehicles
  • dash-mounted manual mod cost counter - increment with the price of each part you order (design files for both four and five digits)
  • curb feelers, multiple files for different lift heights. Fit 2007 and up Wranglers only.

• Face Palm
Reactions: MikekiM
^^^^. That there is funny....

Not really. None of those are really feasible, and nobody needs to print the duck holder. That is just ridiculous. I simply modeled the mount into the base of the duck so it is easy to attach to the dash right off the printer........ It is all just one piece now. (pushes up glasses with index finger)