My Jeeps

IMG_6999.jpg
IMG_7003.jpg
IMG_5343.jpg
IMG_4571.jpg
IMG_3986.jpg
IMG_3983.jpg
IMG_2897.jpg

Ha, Ha. Yeah more like 3 times broke. I actually have 3 Tj's and the one is just a parts runner nothing to boast about. But the real reason why I'm triple broke is because of the Jeep's big brother.

View attachment 34496 View attachment 34497

Wow, I'm envious! Used to drive one of those when I was in the Army.

What did you pay for it? I'm assuming you got it from a military auction? Too bad they aren't street legal.

Wow, I'm envious! Used to drive one of those when I was in the Army.

What did you pay for it? I'm assuming you got it from a military auction? Too bad they aren't street legal.

Oh on the contrary, she is legal to drive on the street (In WI) I have a Wisconsin Title ( just like any other car or truck) and its plated with military plates due to coast. I driver the humvee every where, shows, down town, parades. I bought on line at Govplanet.com. and drove it of the base my self, no kidding I actually documented it. I won the truck for $8500 but with tax and fees out the door at $10K. Which if you think about it you can't even buy a John Deere Gator for that kind of money. Today I have about $15K into it
seeing how I just had to have the original X-Doors. I'm a hard/Full door kind of guy. I hate half doors or full military soft doors. Sorry if I offered any half doors lovers, but in my opinion if you have a Tj or Humvee you need full hard doors. Nevertheless, the Humvee has 18K for mileage, 37" tires with run flats and double bead locks. 6.5 diesel NA and a bullet proof 3 speed turbo 400 transmission. It is truly a awesome machine. The Humvee has a tub design like that of the wrangler. The Humvee is also modular with many different configuration much like the Wranglers, The Humvee has a fold down windshield like the jeeps and she was built by AM general where the Jeeps where also produce under Willys Overland, then sold to Kaiser/jeep and then Am General all in the good state of Indiana.

Oh on the contrary, she is legal to drive on the street (In WI) I have a Wisconsin Title ( just like any other car or truck) and its plated with military plates due to coast. I driver the humvee every where, shows, down town, parades. I bought on line at Govplanet.com. and drove it of the base my self, no kidding I actually documented it. I won the truck for $8500 but with tax and fees out the door at $10K. Which if you think about it you can't even buy a John Deere Gator for that kind of money. Today I have about $15K into it
seeing how I just had to have the original X-Doors. I'm a hard/Full door kind of guy. I hate half doors or full military soft doors. Sorry if I offered any half doors lovers, but in my opinion if you have a Tj or Humvee you need full hard doors. Nevertheless, the Humvee has 18K for mileage, 37" tires with run flats and double bead locks. 6.5 diesel NA and a bullet proof 3 speed turbo 400 transmission. It is truly a awesome machine. The Humvee has a tub design like that of the wrangler. The Humvee is also modular with many different configuration much like the Wranglers, The Humvee has a fold down windshield like the jeeps and she was built by AM general where the Jeeps where also produce under Willys Overland, then sold to Kaiser/jeep and then Am General all in the good state of Indiana.

Wow... I didn't think there was any way to title them for the street... I always wanted one, but this is the reason I held off on buying one.

Can you get parts for them easily at all? What kind of fuel economy does it get? Crap I assume.

Wow... I didn't think there was any way to title them for the street... I always wanted one, but this is the reason I held off on buying one.

Can you get parts for them easily at all? What kind of fuel economy does it get? Crap I assume.

Actually The Fuel economy isn't all that bad. You own a Jeep Wrangler so you know they can suck fuel pretty good so its a lot like that I would have to say 10-12 mpg if not slightly better than that. The Humvee is super light weighing a little more than my 2004 Rubicon, no kidding. The Humvee hood is all fiberglass and the body is all riveted aircraft aluminum and the frame is an 8" complete boxed frame. And you may not believe this but the Humvee is narrow than a 2011 Chevy truck (with mirrors of course) and it is shorter than a late model Toyota Camry . As for parts, yeah most crucial parts aren't to hard to get. Brake pads, rotors Cv joints/boots (the humvee has geared hubs) stuff like that can be bought at Napa but you need to know a few cross reference numbers, you just can't walk into the auto part store and say give me brake pads for a 1989 Humvee, M998 or a H.M.M.W.V. As for the the engine, well its a 6.5 (basically a GM ) diesel and most of those parts match up to a 1995 suburban or something like that. really no biggie. Then there is ebay or as I like to call it... EPAY. Tons of O.E.M parts can be bought there. The tranny is nothing special just a stock 3 Speed turbo 400 without a park gear. I guess the government wanted to save us a few dollars so they ordered the tranny without a park gear and substituted the park Gera for a manual brake lever. So place the Humvee into neutral and apply the brake. the only thing I don't like is the 24 Volt system but i'm handling it.

Reactions: KCsTJ and Chris
Actually The Fuel economy isn't all that bad. You own a Jeep Wrangler so you know they can suck fuel pretty good so its a lot like that I would have to say 10-12 mpg if not slightly better than that. The Humvee is super light weighing a little more than my 2004 Rubicon, no kidding. The Humvee hood is all fiberglass and the body is all riveted aircraft aluminum and the frame is an 8" complete boxed frame. And you may not believe this but the Humvee is narrow than a 2011 Chevy truck (with mirrors of course) and it is shorter than a late model Toyota Camry . As for parts, yeah most crucial parts aren't to hard to get. Brake pads, rotors Cv joints/boots (the humvee has geared hubs) stuff like that can be bought at Napa but you need to know a few cross reference numbers, you just can't walk into the auto part store and say give me brake pads for a 1989 Humvee, M998 or a H.M.M.W.V. As for the the engine, well its a 6.5 (basically a GM ) diesel and most of those parts match up to a 1995 suburban or something like that. really no biggie. Then there is ebay or as I like to call it... EPAY. Tons of O.E.M parts can be bought there. The tranny is nothing special just a stock 3 Speed turbo 400 without a park gear. I guess the government wanted to save us a few dollars so they ordered the tranny without a park gear and substituted the park Gera for a manual brake lever. So place the Humvee into neutral and apply the brake. the only thing I don't like is the 24 Volt system but i'm handling it.

Oh man, you're convincing me to buy a Humvee, but I really don't need one, haha! Seriously though, I think they are selling for stupid prices now, even from the auctions.

Oh man, you're convincing me to buy a Humvee, but I really don't need one, haha! Seriously though, I think they are selling for stupid prices now, even from the auctions.

Yeah they are going for very stupid prices. But I had to strike while the iron is hot because once they are gone, they are gone!

Yeah they are going for very stupid prices. But I had to strike while the iron is hot because once they are gone, they are gone!

Very true! I suppose it's similar to TJs. A clean, well kept TJ Rubicon will easily sell for 20k these days. I sold my last TJ Rubicon for 21k and must have had 12 calls on it at that price. Took me a matter of days to sell!

here's the weight.
Very true! I suppose it's similar to TJs. A clean, well kept TJ Rubicon will easily sell for 20k these days. I sold my last TJ Rubicon for 21k and must have had 12 calls on it at that price. Took me a matter of days to sell!

yeah I believe that. Around here Rubicon's go for $15K all day long. With over 1000 miles. The Rubicon is the Top of the line TJ!

IMG_7036.jpg

Reactions: Chris