Shifter problem help

Ted

TJ Enthusiast
Last weekend I installed a 1.25 inch body lift and a pair of 1 inch rise motor mounts. Shifted fine.

Yesterday I installed my skid plate. Now the shifter is hitting when I try to put it in reverse. The tranny now is now sitting 1.5 inches higher in the rear than it was before plate install. I would figured if anything it would of thrown it forward instead of backward.

Is there a way to adjust it? For now I just removed the plastic trim and stuff which allows me to get it in reverse but I need to remove some more of it to make it work properly.

Any fix that you know of?

That is odd, usually when all three are done together they tend to cancel each other out and leave everything shifting as it should

I'm right there with ya. Sorry no help here, hopefully somebody else has a solution. Or at least an explanation. I spose you could move the whole center console back pretty easily by drilling a couple holes

I'm right there with ya. Sorry no help here, hopefully somebody else has a solution. Or at least an explanation. I spose you could move the whole center console back pretty easily by drilling a couple holes

Thinking maybe I can find a old type set of shifter boots and just delete it all and add a Tuffy security console