shock and coil combos

gowalkabout

I need to replace my shocks and coils and was just wondering what shocks and coil combo is everyone running. I currently have a 3.5in lift with adjustable rancho 9000

I need to replace my shocks and coils and was just wondering what shocks and coil combo is everyone running. I currently have a 3.5in lift with adjustable rancho 9000

What kind of springs are you running? If you're happy with the springs you have I can tell you that I ran Bilstein 5100 shocks for a long time and absolutely loved the ride quality of them.

Not sure on the current springs. The whole lot was done by a previous owner. What I do know is the ride at the moment is hard as a rock. Was thinking either terra flex or pro comp but not sure, or set on anything yet. I had the pro comp shocks in one of my old hilux utes and was very happy with them but that was with custom made leaf springs.

Not sure on the current springs. The whole lot was done by a previous owner. What I do know is the ride at the moment is hard as a rock. Was thinking either terra flex or pro comp but not sure, or set on anything yet. I had the pro comp shocks in one of my old hilux utes and was very happy with them but that was with custom made leaf springs.

Could be Rough Country, their stuff rides really poorly.

I know from firsthand experience that the 4" Currie springs and Fox aluminum body shocks ride excellent. You could also use the Bilstein 5100 shocks also which ride amazing as well.

Reactions: gowalkabout
Biggest thing is to make sure you get shocks with appropriate compressed lengths (extended length will be a factor of this mostly). Be sure to measure before buying to get the most out of your suspension. With that said, Bilstein is a good brand that is pretty popular. If you've got the cash, I'd go for resi shocks.

What kind of springs are you running? If you're happy with the springs you have I can tell you that I ran Bilstein 5100 shocks for a long time and absolutely loved the ride quality of them.

My 5100's even cost less than my Rancho's.

The Bilstien is superior in every way. If one wants a smoother highway ride, the 4300's are quite nice too.

Reactions: Chris
Bilstines are excellent! I have them on my JKUR for almost 4 years , great ride no issues but I've never had them on a TJ , I bought my Fox shocks from Savvy & they are valved for my LJ great ride so far

IMHO, the Bilstien is a great entry level monotube/shimstack damper. There are definitely better dampers out there, and if you're looking to tune, rebuild and do your own shims, there are a few other brands to consider.