Shock height and lift size

I guess this is a case of each Jeep reacts differently? I'm still in the process of getting the front together. According to my measurements travel was roughly equal at 3 inches lift.

As for the rear, no big deal, I will figure out what shocks I need when I get to it.

Not really,the shocks are made to measurable lengths and will have repeatable results on all jeeps. 2.65" lift would be balanced. You're just trading droop for uptravel bias at 3". It isn't magically different on each jeep. Weight determines lift height,so that is a variable.but only so long as you don't compensate with spacers

Remember,you want your shocks in the center of their travel at ride height. It isn't something that changes with each jeep

Not really,the shocks are made to measurable lengths and will have repeatable results on all jeeps. 2.65" lift would be balanced. You're just trading droop for uptravel bias at 3". It isn't magically different on each jeep. Weight determines lift height,so that is a variable.but only so long as you don't compensate with spacers

Remember,you want your shocks in the center of their travel at ride height. It isn't something that changes with each jeep

Sounds logical. Sorry if I came across as gruff earlier, I tend to use the f work a bit freely. Appreciate everyone’s help!!

Any other shock I should consider at the <$500 price point? I’m not going to do Moab or anything, mainly trails in middle TN. I have the DPG OME kit that comes with the medium duty 2.5” springs, sport shocks, bumps, body lift and other stuff.

Any other shock I should consider at the <$500 price point? I’m not going to do Moab or anything, mainly trails in middle TN. I have the DPG OME kit that comes with the medium duty 2.5” springs, sport shocks, bumps, body lift and other stuff.

Black Max shocks are an option.

Plus, you're probably already doing trails harder than most of Moab.

Reactions: Rickyd
I have a 2.5" srping lift and originally went with the 2-3" Rancho shocks, they were too long and I had hardly any down travel. I used the Rancho 30 day satisfaction guarantee and replaced the with the 0-2" shocks and down my down/up travel is almost perfect at 50/50.