Shock relocation brackets needed

I haven't personally used them, but the ballistic fabrication has a pretty good selection of weld on shock mounts. https://www.ballisticfabrication.com/collections/coilover-shock-tabs

You planning to outboard the shocks?

The shocks are almost touching the coils and buckets and I just want to get them away form them. I had a clunk which I thought I had fixed but it is back. Not sure it the shocks are making it or not. I dont see any finish missing on the shocks

Don't use shock relocation brackets. They just make it easier for offroad obstacles to bend/damage the factory brackets.

Instead, flip the rear shocks over so the body is up and the strut is down which will give you the additional clearance you need.

Most shocks have no problem running like that. My Rancho RS5000X shocks are mounted like this, as well as my various models of previous shocks.

Reactions: fuse and JP13
Don't use shock relocation brackets. They just make it easier for offroad obstacles to bend/damage the factory brackets.

Instead, flip the rear shocks over so the body is up and the strut is down which will give you the additional clearance you need.

Most shocks have no problem running like that. My Rancho RS5000X shocks are mounted like this, as well as my various models of previous shocks.

I read that you cant flip the 9000XLs. Do you know if that is correct?

This!

Of course I ripped the factory ones clean off the axle so I HAD to put new ones on. I chose these from a local guy and man are they beefy. I mounted the shock body like Jerry suggested and haven't had any issues

According to Rancho over at jeep forum, the RS5000X will not work inverted. Any clarification on this? Obviously yours are in and doing their job, just looking for some reassurance before I flip mine I guess.

http://www.je epfor um.com/forum/f398/info-our-new-rancho-rs5000x-shocks-2949849/#/topics/2949849?page=1&_k=lpz062

Remove spaces in jeep forum

According to Rancho over at jeep forum, the RS5000X will not work inverted. Any clarification on this? Obviously yours are in and doing their job, just looking for some reassurance before I flip mine I guess.

http://www.je epfor um.com/forum/f398/info-our-new-rancho-rs5000x-shocks-2949849/#/topics/2949849?page=1&_k=lpz062

Remove spaces in jeep forum
That opinion varies even within Rancho, as you can see. Mine are running fine inverted, they've been in maybe a year now.

I have run a bunch of shocks inverted including Doetsch Tech DT-3000, Rock Krawler, Rubicon Express Monotube, Old Man Emu Nitrocharger, and currently RS5000x. This is since I installed the SYE kit maybe 15 years ago and had to roll the pinion angle up which reduced shock clearance away from the axle tube.

Last edited:

Hey Jerry,
I know this is an old thread but how are your rs5000x's doing after years up running upside down?

Hey Jerry,
I know this is an old thread but how are your rs5000x's doing after years up running upside down?
I wish I still had them installed, I switched to the RS9000xl which doesn't ride as well. I switched for their adjustability since I tow a trailer whenever I go wheeling but it turns out it was of no real benefit, it towed fine even with the RS5000x shocks.

I wish I still had them installed, I switched to the RS9000xl which doesn't ride as well. I switched for their adjustability since I tow a trailer whenever I go wheeling but it turns out it was of no real benefit, it towed fine even with the RS5000x shocks.
How long did you run them upside-down?