Shock the monkey…yikes!

20201228_044300.jpg

Chicken pox vaccine works okay from what I hear, small pox as well. Small chicken, is that better? Or maybe chicken little?
I caught part of a news story just the other day that said something to the effect of, people who took the "chicken pox" vaccine are more likely to contract shingles than those that never had the shot or chicken pox as a child.

You can bet, that after the last 2 years of being lied to about Kung Flu "vaccines" I won't be subjecting myself to ANYTHING vaccine related anytime in the near future.

I caught part of a news story just the other day that said something to the effect of, people who took the "chicken pox" vaccine are more likely to contract shingles than those that never had the shot or chicken pox as a child.

You can bet, that after the last 2 years of being lied to about Kung Flu "vaccines" I won't be subjecting myself to ANYTHING vaccine related anytime in the near future.

I didn't think you could get shingles unless you'd already had chicken pox, so to say that someone who had never had it had a low chance of getting shingles aligns perfectly with my understanding.

That said....a shingles vax is something I think I would go for. A friend got it and it ended up in his ear, leaving him with 90% hearing loss on that side. Eff that. I don't have a problem taking a vaccine when there's a clear benefit that outweighs the risk. It's when there isn't a benefit that I have a problem with.

I didn't think you could get shingles unless you'd already had chicken pox, so to say that someone who had never had it had a low chance of getting shingles aligns perfectly with my understanding.

That said....a shingles vax is something I think I would go for. A friend got it and it ended up in his ear, leaving him with 90% hearing loss on that side. Eff that. I don't have a problem taking a vaccine when there's a clear benefit that outweighs the risk. It's when there isn't a benefit that I have a problem with.

I just asked my parents if I had chickenpox back in the 70's. They can't remember but didn't us older folk back then all try and get it? So we could become immune to it?

Reactions: B252 and reddvltj

You can catch chicken pox as a child and never have it present.. (aka carrier) which can lead to getting shingles later in life.
I had a fairly mild case at 13 years old. I wont be getting a shot.

I just asked my parents if I had chickenpox back in the 70's. They can't remember but didn't us older folk back then all try and get it? So we could become immune to it?
I remember parents having "chicken pox" parties trying to get their kids all to catch it at the same time.

Reactions: RINC

I remember having it...I was 9, so it would have been 1992, before the US was widely administering the vaccine.

Since shingles is just a reactivation of a previous chickenpox infection, you can only get it if you've had chickenpox or the chickenpox vaccine. You can't get shingles if you've had neither one.

• USA Proud
I remember having it...I was 9, so it would have been 1992, before the US was widely administering the vaccine.

Since shingles is just a reactivation of a previous chickenpox infection, you can only get it if you've had chickenpox or the chickenpox vaccine. You can't get shingles if you've had neither one.
Yet they still tell people who have never had Chicken pox to get the vaccine...lol Make sense!!! :rolleyes:

And then there's this...

Q: If you’ve never had chickenpox, can you get shingles from someone who has it?​

A: No, but you can get chickenpox. If someone has shingles, and they are at the blister stage where they are contagious, they could transmit the virus to you, and you would get chickenpox.

https://health.clevelandclinic.org/can-you-get-shingles-if-you-havent-had-chickenpox/

Chicken pox vaccine works okay from what I hear, small pox as well. Small chicken, is that better? Or maybe chicken little?

Ya bro... I dont wanna be a chicken.

The key is to put a noun or adjective in front "flu" or "pox".

Then I'll comply.

My parents are all worked up about a tick borne illness that leaves you allergic to red meat. I'm already having to avoid two of my three favorite foods due to gastritis, if I couldn't eat steak I'd lose it.
This is a very real thing around these parts and I believe it creates an allergy to eating meat from any hooved animal. At least one of my family members has it and I know of a few other cases in friends' families. Apparently it'll wear off after a few years without reinfection, so we regularly bag and date stamp ticks we pull off to track it in case. Friggin sucks to know that this could could be a consequence of trying to enjoy the outdoors.