Shocking news (update)

Rick Flair

Domari Nolo
Supporting Member
So got my fronts on.

Got to the rear. One of lower mounts, the ears are slightly tweaked and then it started raining. So no first driving impressions. Old shocks were DONE and cheap old hydro shocks.

Tomorrow!

8C906273-929D-4423-8F05-E9F476EED07F.jpeg

BC0D4208-CF63-4B1F-BA9B-79D1A1003A7C.jpeg

So, all installed. I have to say, these shocks transformed my Jeep. I had no clue how bad the old shocks were. It feels smooth, planted and plain confident now! The squirrellness is gone, I hit some railroad crossing at 30, normally I brace for impact and bouncing, it wanted to go faster! Worth every penny!

Last edited:
Let us know how you like the shocks. I've been thinking about ordering some of those. Looking good.👍🏻

Reactions: Rick Flair
Shocking news? No pun intended, right? ;)

One thing is for sure, Fox shocks certainly look the best in terms of appearance.

That is true, very nice and well constructed shocks. These are tuned by savvy. I have never had custom tuned shocks on anything before but I’ve rode in rigs with them and wow.

I hope I get the same impression! I liked the fact they are rebuildable. In the end, not much more than the Ranchos I was going to buy.

That is true, very nice and well constructed shocks. These are tuned by savvy. I have never had custom tuned shocks on anything before but I’ve rode in rigs with them and wow.

I hope I get the same impression! I liked the fact they are rebuildable. In the end, not much more than the Ranchos I was going to buy.

No kidding huh? I wasn't aware the Fox IFP shocks could even be tuned. Was it you who told me that @pcoplin, or did you just say that the stacks on top were so friggin' small that tuning them was a PITA?

Something along those lines. Either way, glad you like them, and it's also nice they are rebuildable. If I am going to spend the money on shocks these days, I'm going to buy ones that can be rebuilt for sure.

No kidding huh? I wasn't aware the Fox IFP shocks could even be tuned. Was it you who told me that @pcoplin, or did you just say that the stacks on top were so friggin' small that tuning them was a PITA?

Something along those lines. Either way, glad you like them, and it's also nice they are rebuildable. If I am going to spend the money on shocks these days, I'm going to buy ones that can be rebuilt for sure.

I know! I wasn’t aware either. Paul told me he hasn’t done them and it would be a PITA, but he was willing to try. I bought these here for a good deal from @toximus, thanks again man.

Otherwise Paul was willing to work with me trying to tune them. I figured these were done, I’d would have loved giving Paul my money, we have know each other for damn near 17 years.

From now on, only rebuildable shocks. And I’ll have Paul do the work.

Reactions: toximus
I am curious what you think about the Savvy tune in those. If you post a review once you're done let me know.

I know! I wasn’t aware either. Paul told me he hasn’t done them and it would be a PITA, but he was willing to try. I bought these here for a good deal from @toximus, thanks again man.

Otherwise Paul was willing to work with me trying to tune them. I figured these were done, I’d would have loved giving Paul my money, we have know each other for damn near 17 years.

From now on, only rebuildable shocks. And I’ll have Paul do the work.

Oh yes, you're from Oregon too! Good to know you also know Paul. He does excellent work and I loved the way he tuned my Fox shocks personally.

I remember him having said something about the IFP series shocks and tuning them, but I'm glad he is willing to work with them.

Oh yes, you're from Oregon too! Good to know you also know Paul. He does excellent work and I loved the way he tuned my Fox shocks personally.

I remember him having said something about the IFP series shocks and tuning them, but I'm glad he is willing to work with them.
Yep I’m 15 or so miles south of you.

Yes, glad he is! 👍

Reactions: Chris
Nice to know it's riding like it should!

Now if you had C load rated tires on there, you'd have your mind blown even more!

The Savvy tuned Foxs are ordered that way from the factory...or that is what I understand. Savvy spec's the tune to Fox and FOx builds them that way. I keep hovering over buying these (Toximus' Classified posting tempts me daily) but I'm not quite ready to pull that trigger yet.

The Savvy tuned Foxs are ordered that way from the factory...or that is what I understand. Savvy spec's the tune to Fox and FOx builds them that way. I keep hovering over buying these (Toximus' Classified posting tempts me daily) but I'm not quite ready to pull that trigger yet.

That would make sense. I wouldn’t hesitate to do this again, between the new tires and these shocks...different Jeep. I just did 75 mph on the freeway. Solid and confident.

I am curious what you think about the Savvy tune in those. If you post a review once you're done let me know.

They rock man! It made me smile the first drive, then I went again on roads I typically avoided as they just sucked to drive on! The tune is spot on! I won’t but it feels if I jumped it...I wouldn’t die. My Dana 44 might. Lol!

It’s smooth, planted in corners, took the railroad crossing and begged to go faster. I’m confident and 70+ mph on the freeway is not longer a two handed event.
I’m impressed man. Thanks again!

They rock man! It made me smile the first drive, then I went again on roads I typically avoided as they just sucked to drive on! The tune is spot on! I won’t but it feels if I jumped it...I wouldn’t die. My Dana 44 might. Lol!

It’s smooth, planted in corners, took the railroad crossing and begged to go faster. I’m confident and 70+ mph on the freeway is not longer a two handed event.
I’m impressed man. Thanks again!

That's awesome! You're welcome. I'm glad you have them now!