Shocks for the wife's XJ: Rancho RS5000X?

@Squatch that's great to hear. Would you consider them for your TJ as well, now that you've had first hand experience?
I actually bought a set for the TJ some time ago. Of course, they are a ways off from being installed... :rolleyes: But with the ride these provided for the XJ, and with the glowing reviews on this forum, I can say that I'm glad I bought 'em One thing I really disliked about them, though, was the quality of the paint finish. Thin doesn't even begin to describe it. While I will admit that I thought @JMT was going a little overboard with painting his (black) before installing them, I can honestly say that I will likely do the same with mine, albeit the same gray finish I did the control arms in. I cannot imagine the factory paint is going to hold up all that well in our wet weather. I'll be keeping an eye on the wife's rig to see how well hers are holding up.

Reactions: JMT
I actually bought a set for the TJ some time ago. Of course, they are a ways off from being installed... :rolleyes: But with the ride these provided for the XJ, and with the glowing reviews on this forum, I can say that I'm glad I bought 'em One thing I really disliked about them, though, was the quality of the paint finish. Thin doesn't even begin to describe it. While I will admit that I thought @JMT was going a little overboard with painting his (black) before installing them, I can honestly say that I will likely do the same with mine, albeit the same gray finish I did the control arms in. I cannot imagine the factory paint is going to hold up all that well in our wet weather. I'll be keeping an eye on the wife's rig to see how well hers are holding up.

Yeah the paint complaint seems pretty common, but that's the only negative I've read. I've always loved XJs, that's the only vehicle I'll honestly replace my Mazda with if I could find a low mileage one. Post a photo or two of yours if you get a chance!

Yeah the paint complaint seems pretty common, but that's the only negative I've read. I've always loved XJs, that's the only vehicle I'll honestly replace my Mazda with if I could find a low mileage one. Post a photo or two of yours if you get a chance!
Will do. The wife's is a 2-door, which is pretty cool. We bought it six years ago with 102,000 miles on it.