Shocks /help!!

I've always ran boots to keep the salt off the shafts and it works great.
As said several times above, boots are bad news despite some impressions. They are NOT weather/dirt/water proof which means salt spray and grit still easily gets inside where it stays put which means premature seal leaks and strut rusting. With the boot in place, that crap can't get rinsed away by fresh rainwater or by a car wash... out of sight, out of mind.

Wrong or right color boot, I sure would not install those boots.

As said several times above, boots are bad news despite some impressions. They are NOT weather/dirt/water proof which means salt spray and grit still easily gets inside where it stays put which means premature seal leaks and strut rusting. With the boot in place, that crap can't get rinsed away by fresh rainwater or by a car wash... out of sight, out of mind.

Was my experience also!

That's what is said but my experience with them has not been a problem. But like lots of stuff on jeeps, what works for some doesn't for others.

Sorry to the OP for the hijack.

To quote that famous statesman Rodney King:" Can't we just all get along."

If shock boots are installed properly they will keep crap out of the shock. If that wasn't the case for you that means they weren't installed correctly on your shocks. I've seen some completely rusted out shocks and under the boot is brand new looking still.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, it's just a shock boot so not a huge deal anyways. If it works then run em, if they don't work then don't run em.

Reactions: Stinger