Shop fail

The fuel injection is being replaced with this setup:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/edl-35690
That’s a better setup than the throttle body fogger style. It makes more power too.

The transmission will be a built 4L80E.

Two car seats fit, but that’s okay as it’s not a road trip car or anything.

Should be fun when it’s all done. These things are so easy to work on it’s almost laughable.

BluePrint makes some of the best engines for the money and they have some of the best customer service and warranties from what I’ve read.
That's the answer I hoped you were making , ( port injection ). The Holley sniper setup is like taking your sister to prom, yes you have a date BUT........ :LOL:

That's the answer I hoped you were making , ( port injection ). The Holley sniper setup is like taking your sister to prom, yes you have a date BUT........ :LOL:
My thoughts exactly. The Holley Sniper setup works, but the Edelbrock setup is far superior.

This is actually the engine I ordered:

https://blueprintengines.com/produc...-gm-style-longblock-aluminum-heads-roller-cam
It’s the same thing as the other one, it just doesn’t come with the EFI and distributor setup which I purchased separately anyways.

My thoughts exactly. The Holley Sniper setup works, but the Edelbrock setup is far superior.

This is actually the engine I ordered:

https://blueprintengines.com/produc...-gm-style-longblock-aluminum-heads-roller-cam
It’s the same thing as the other one, it just doesn’t come with the EFI and distributor setup which I purchased separately anyways.
Whose electronics will you be using, was your car an original big block? There is no replacement for displacement!!!!!

If it's as much fluid as you say I suspect the outer seal. I grabbed mine from NAPA. When mine leaked it was a very large puddle on the garage floor overnight

National 472572. I put a very thin coat of rtv on mine when it was replaced because the national seal didn't have the tfe sealer on it.

View attachment 317052

9B12C115-F244-4711-BDA4-2FBB3B775FF8.jpeg

Pic loaded upside down. Finally got a chance to refill the case. It took 20 once’s to fill. Only had time to drive for a minute. Might be leaking at the speed sensor as suggested by Mr. Blaine and others.

27231C4C-3F12-4C17-9B8F-781149E5A332.jpeg

That's not a washer, it's part of the sensor assembly. If it is leaking from the sensor, there is an O ring that might by missing or damaged. Very easy to remove the bolt, pull the sensor and check.
Thanks for that information, will check that next weekend when I get back to the Jeep

Thanks for that information, will check that next weekend when I get back to the Jeep
I really appreciate this forum where professionals such as Mr Blaine and hosejockey 61 take the time to offer information that can help amateurs like myself

Reactions: bucky
Just spray it off with brake cleaner. That typically leaves a very dry surface that lets leaks show up easily.
Got back to the Jeep today.previously refilled transfer case. Took it for a drive long enough to warm it up. As Mr Blaine and Lou said, definitely leaking out the speed sensor, perhaps not a shop fail but a bad part as Lou experienced?

Got back to the Jeep today.previously refilled transfer case. Took it for a drive long enough to warm it up. As Mr Blaine and Lou said, definitely leaking out the speed sensor, perhaps not a shop fail but a bad part as Lou experienced?
In my experience yes. The sensors I had were very loose in the bore even with the o ring on it. I would try to get a new o ring, maybe one size thicker. Make sure it’s compatible with ATF.

In my experience yes. The sensors I had were very loose in the bore even with the o ring on it. I would try to get a new o ring, maybe one size thicker. Make sure it’s compatible with ATF.
Thanks, going to remove it tomorrow. I’ll let you know what I find. Thanks again everyone for the good information!

Yes, I fuck up on a regular basis. Once already today but it involved a chainsaw?
  • Ole goes off and gets a Job. One morning Lena wakes up early, and she's frisky. She had been in a fight the night before so she's sore, so she climbs on top of Ole, who thinks this is a good idea. Ole thinks it is such a good idea he does it several times and rushes off to work late. So Ole, he comes back and he is looking worried. "Lena," he says, he says, "Lena, we can't do that no more, they know". And so Lena says, "Ole you big oaf, you told them!" And so Ole says, "no. It is this morning and I am coming to the lumberyard, and the boss, he says to me Ole if you fuck up one more time you're fired!"

That's not a washer, it's part of the sensor assembly. If it is leaking from the sensor, there is an O ring that might by missing or damaged. Very easy to remove the bolt, pull the sensor and check.
@Mr Blaine,@Lou,@hosejockey61 pulled the speed sensor and found a pinched O ring. Thanks guys

@Mr Blaine,@Lou,@hosejockey61 pulled the speed sensor and found a pinched O ring. Thanks guys
Depending on how they machined the hole for the sensor, they can be nice or have a very sharp edge around the top that makes it almost impossible to install the sensor without cutting off a sliver of o-ring. Not entirely the shop's fault but they should know to look for it.

Reactions: hosejockey61