Shopping for hi-line fenders any pros or cons to the different brands?

Rescue6

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I am beginning my search for highline front fenders. I’ll hand down my current tube fenders to my son for his Jeep we are starting to build. I would prefer to get Aluminum fenders and inner fenders even though I will be painting them to match the Jeep. Currently I’m using a 4” flair version of tube fender and may go without the flair but have not decided yet. I know Genright, TnT Customs both make a nice set. Any other companies I should be looking at? Are there any that are better than others for any reason?
Thanks for the help

Last edited:
Crawltek makes a really pretty high line. I don't know anything else about them beyond that.
Screenshot_20210221-205646_Chrome.jpg

https://crawltekrevolution.com/coll...ucts/jeep-wrangler-tj-inferno-highline-fender

I did genright which are fine. The battery tray setup sucks. If I was doing it again I would do crawltek for the rounded cutout, better clearance and I love the style.

Reactions: Irun and D M
I did genright which are fine. The battery tray setup sucks. If I was doing it again I would do crawltek for the rounded cutout, better clearance and I love the style.
would you be so kind and post some pics of the GR fenders along with under the hood, im looking at genrights too

man those look good, I wish they made a 4.5" flare instead of just the 4" or 6", I feel like 4 is too small and 6 is too big personally
To be honest, I wouldn't go bigger or smaller flare wise. I live on the wet side and drive in rain and the vehicle gets absolutely filthy on a forest road. So the flares are not super protective from road grime. But also any wider and they would get smashed on obstacles. Axles are 65 WMS jk axles FWIW.

Reactions: D M
I had just looked at those myself. I like the rounded lines. They are steel with an aluminum liner I believe. I’ll have to call to see about the weight
Given the style and cut of these, I can't imagine the weight difference between them in steel vs aluminum would be that significant. Definitely post up the weight when you find out though!

Reactions: Jamesval035
I've been looking at swapping my MC fenders, and considered Genright. However, the almost $1400 price tag, battery tray hassles, along with figuring out a clean way to mount the PSC steering has held me back. I know this has been, and can be, done, but I'm curious to learn more about the Crawltek setup!

Reactions: Jamesval035
It seemed like the aluminum hilines market used to be a little more robust than it is now for our TJ/LJ’s. I like the GenRight over the krawltek due to the 4” flare. IMO

Reactions: Irun
It seemed like the aluminum hilines market used to be a little more robust than it is now for our TJ/LJ’s. I like the GenRight over the krawltek due to the 4” flare. IMO
This is the case with many parts for our platform. Products are disappearing routinely, as the vehicles age!

• Sad
Reactions: Tob and Jamesval035