Short people versus the sun

Basiasadie

TJ Enthusiast
So I'm 5 ft 7, not really short, but I sit low ish in the seat of my 03 rubicon. I can see over the hood just fine but the second I am facing the sun I am useless, the glare is always intense and the sun visors are so small they don't do anything to help anyone under 6 ft. D:
Has anyone else had this problem? Any easy solutions besides rising the seat?
I've looked for new visors but haven't been successful at finding anything decent.

I'm only 5'9 so I feel your pain. Honestly, all I do is put my visor down and my sunglasses on and just deal with it. I know it's not ideal, but it works for me.

Reactions: Basiasadie
I'm only 5'9 so I feel your pain. Honestly, all I do is put my visor down and my sunglasses on and just deal with it. I know it's not ideal, but it works for me.
That's what I've been doing but it's not entirely safe with the way some of the entitled aspenite drivers we have. I've had several (Mostly mini vans ) try to race up around me in the canyons out here and when they come out of nowhere it gets a little concerning.
I keep thinking about tinting my windows but I'd have to go out to texas to use my dad's equipment. :/

I find myself using the visitors quite a bit as well. It helps when I am driving directly into the sun.

Reactions: Basiasadie
I live in mountains... Not much sun, but the reason I take them off is same reason I never put the rear view mirror back on when it falls off, they always seem to screw up

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

honda.jpg
I feel your pain. I'm 5'6" and visors are useless. I drive 29 miles east in the morning and 29 miles west home every night. Think the jeep is bad? Visors in small cars are like a sick joke. This is my daily drive - 3 in ground clearance and probably only 4 ft high total

View attachment 1179 I feel your pain. I'm 5'6" and visors are useless. I drive 29 miles east in the morning and 29 miles west home every night. Think the jeep is bad? Visors in small cars are like a sick joke. This is my daily drive - 3 in ground clearance and probably only 4 ft high total
I had a similar problem in my old camry but the electric seats raised if I needed it.
So far with the overcast and snow we've gotten I've had no need for visors but I'm dreading when I do need them.

Reactions: Chris