Should Chris be banned from his own website?

What punishment should Chris receive for selling his TJ?

• Shunned for an unspecified duration of time.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Banned from the “TJ” forum for eternity or a new TJ is purchased.

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Should have to end all posts with: “Chris, the former TJ owner”

Votes: 25 50.0%
  • Be showed an overwhelming number of cool Tj’s until he sells the JK

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Be forced to place a TJ’s are better than JK’s sticker on his Jeep for one month

Votes: 10 20.0%
  • Other

Votes: 10 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The other crappy thing about is that even when I was looking at LJs, the credit unions won't loan the money people want for a vehicle that old. They max out on KBB for about 13k give or take, and most people wanted 22k for a nice one.

That's one of the pitfalls of such an old vehicle, you can't get loans on them unless you have a sizable down payment.
You can if you buy Canadian. Most LJs around here are still 8-14k Canadian kopekcs. Nock another 30 points off for you guys spending American dollars and you have some real LJ buying power.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Reactions: Chris
Ok, I totally missed the Chris crossed over to the dark side. @Chris is there a post somewhere with your new rig, or do we just cross reference in the "Unfortunate JK of the Day" thread? :D But seriously, would love to see it.

• Haha
Reactions: Alex01 and tomtaylz
I should have kept it simple like that too! I liked it the way it was in that photo with the OME lift, but with the 31" tires I had on there before those 33s.

I should have just stopped there :LOL:
After reading over all the stuff on these forums, that's what I decided to settle on. I'm still a bit short on budget to pull the trigger on the OME lift, but I swapped in some 31" Duratracs already and love them.

The other crappy thing about is that even when I was looking at LJs, the credit unions won't loan the money people want for a vehicle that old. They max out on KBB for about 13k give or take, and most people wanted 22k for a nice one.

That's one of the pitfalls of such an old vehicle, you can't get loans on them unless you have a sizable down payment.

I ran into this when I was looking for a 97-2002 4 runner. I just couldn't justify it really since I knew that the timing belt and coolant system were due along with the exhaust, bushings, sensors, tie rods, ball joints etc. Prices are up because people will pay them. Baby boomers must be retiring with their mad money 😁

After reading over all the stuff on these forums, that's what I decided to settle on. I'm still a bit short on budget to pull the trigger on the OME lift, but I swapped in some 31" Duratracs already and love them.

Wise move, that's for sure. Once you go past that, it literally becomes a cascading effect of one thing after another. All of which most of us (myself included) don't even need!

Wise move, that's for sure. Once you go past that, it literally becomes a cascading effect of one thing after another. All of which most of us (myself included) don't even need!
Oh yea, there's still plenty I would love to do, such as getting lockers of some sort, upgrading the stereo system and maybe even a tummy tuck, but most of that isn't coming any time soon, haha.

Chris you are finding me my next vehicle after what you stole that Outback you had and this Rubi, you have the touch. Actually it is really buying when you want and not when you need! My problem is when I want something I just go grab one.

Reactions: MikeE024
Chris you are finding me my next vehicle after what you stole that Outback you had and this Rubi, you have the touch. Actually it is really buying when you want and not when you need! My problem is when I want something I just go grab one.

Very true! I wasn't actually looking to buy right that moment, but when the JK popped up, I couldn't stop looking at the price. That was the hook, line, and sinker.