Should I be concerned?

TJJeep4Sale

Supporting Member
Would you guys bother replacing or even fixing this or just run as is?
20220522_164058.jpg

I'd run it. If I could find one on car-part.com or local for under $100 I'd swap it.
Seems like a few places online have them new for less than $100. But requires removal of the radiator. I was leaning towards some mesh and JB weld or epoxy. But yea it doesn't interfere with anything.

A couple of 1/8” diameter holes either side of the crack and mechanics wire or good quality zipties would sew that back together in about 10 minutes.
This is what I'd do. Hell, I did it before on a Grand Marqius. Mechanics wire fixed it fine and I drove it for another 3 years that way till I sold it.

Reactions: TJJeep4Sale
Seems like a few places online have them new for less than $100. But requires removal of the radiator. I was leaning towards some mesh and JB weld or epoxy. But yea it doesn't interfere with anything.
The radiator doesn't need to be removed to replace the shroud. The fan does have to be removed, but that's not a hard job.

Stick with an OEM shroud if you replace it IMO. I replaced my cracked one with a crown until and it wouldn't hold the coolant reservoir securely like OEM. I had to add a big zip tie around the jug.

One day I'll hunt for a used OEM unit to replace it.

Reactions: Irun