Should I buy a RC (Rough Country) lift?

Morris 4x4 has that kit for $856.99 ($886.99-$30), and they ship to Alaska, but I am not sure what they charge for shipping...

https://www.morris4x4center.com/old...-with-nitrocharger-sport-shocks-ometjhks.html

Says shipping quote required.....with the weight of that kit (80lbs or so) it would be about $500-600 more added on. At least that is what UPS wants to charge my brother to send me the RC kit I previously ordered because USPS won't ship over 70lbs....so he would have to break it up into a couple shipments which would be about $200+ of added cost when I could just pay the cost of the better OME kit.

I habe tried to order FROM Morris before and it never comes out good at shipping. I think I called them one time and they won't budge on shipping here. :(

Says shipping quote required.....with the weight of that kit (80lbs or so) it would be about $500-600 more added on. At least that is what UPS wants to charge my brother to send me the RC kit I previously ordered because USPS won't ship over 70lbs....so he would have to break it up into a couple shipments which would be about $200+ of added cost when I could just pay the cost of the better OME kit.

I habe tried to order FROM Morris before and it never comes out good at shipping. I think I called them one time and they won't budge on shipping here. :(
Yeah, I saw that, just didn't know what they charged. Sorry it's so expensive to ship things your way...

Reactions: Coastiehog
Not your fault lol.....I had zero intentions of buying anything else after I moved here and sold my WRX since I can walk less than a half mile to my office on Base, but wife said, you should buy a Jeep," and found this TJ! Lol.

This would have been a much easier project in California or Florida....even Kansas really lol.

Adds to the fun (frustration) of it all I guess lol.

Now I need to just get my brother to send the other kit back so I can work on ordering that one before it is sold out!!

I know, I saw there wasn't very many left!

Amazon is always pretty good about shipping. Does it say how much they want to ship that one to Alaska? It's free shipping here in the states at least.

Not your fault lol.....I had zero intentions of buying anything else after I moved here and sold my WRX since I can walk less than a half mile to my office on Base, but wife said, you should buy a Jeep," and found this TJ! Lol.

This would have been a much easier project in California or Florida....even Kansas really lol.

This is may be a silly idea- but APO and FPO mail centers are in the mainland US and a lot of people will ship to an APO or FPO... so is it possible to get mail that way on post in Alaska? Like can you get an APO/FPO address?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You need to find someone who makes regular trips to the lower 48 to bring stuff up...

This is may be a silly idea- but APO and FPO mail centers are in the mainland US and a lot of people will ship to an APO or FPO... so is it possible to get mail that way on post in Alaska? Like can you get an APO/FPO address?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure...may have to check! Great idea!

You need to find someone who makes regular trips to the lower 48 to bring stuff up...
I am going to Petaluma, CA for a week at the end of September so that is how my lift kit will get here lol. I thought i would get the OME kit shipped free, but.going to checkout it added another $400 for shipping :(

When on orders we get free luggage!!

Reactions: StG58
I am going to Petaluma, CA for a week at the end of September so that is how my lift kit will get here lol. I thought i would get the OME kit shipped free, but.going to checkout it added another $400 for shipping :(

When on orders we get free luggage!!

$400 for shipping!? My god that's outrageous.

I agree!!
So, OME has the light and heavy load versions.....i don't have anything heavy YET....should I go with heavy since I plan on bumpers and winch down the road?

Yep, always go with the heavy! If you plan on getting bumpers, a winch, and a full size spare tire, you'll need the heavy duty one for sure!

Reactions: JMT and Coastiehog
Yep, heavy for sure...that's the one. You'll want that spring rate down teh line when you add winch, bumpers, et al.

Cool! That is what I thoughtf and I do have a full size 32 to match the rest because it would be odd not too lol. I cant wait until October....lift should be on by then! Now I need tok pick a fender flare....i am digging the flat style plastic! 7 inch of course!

Reactions: Chris