Should I buy new OEM body mounts when doing body lift?

Powdermonkey

SAPPER
Supporting Member
I have purchased the savvy body lift and now need the OEM body mounts. The lift that is currently on the Jeep replaced everything. So my question is should I buy new from Crown? Should I buy used from a junk yard? Should I try to piece it together with what OEM are available? Parts #3 & #5 are not available from factorychryslerparts.com.
D414CB51-456F-4ADF-9595-89744503307D.png

Anything from the junkyard is a decade or two old. If you have recently new already on, just stick with them. I haven't heard bad about Doorman, but Crown seems to be hit or miss.

Reactions: Powdermonkey
How do they look? If torn up then yes, but I would not waste the money on replacing them unless they are in bad shape.

I was considering replacing my body mounts a couple weeks ago as I just installed a rear bumper that required lifting the body off the frame. After inspecting all OEM body mounts they were in great condition, and I was glad I didn't throw away money replacing parts that did not need to be replaced.

I would definitely get a new body mounts.
I do found Part 5 and 3 (looking your attached diagram) at 4WP Cleveland from Crown. Quite a pain to find them. I can't find the part numbers at the moment.

Reactions: jjvw
Reactions: skrelnik and jjvw
How much thicker? Does thicker mean a higher body?

The Dorman parts I listed are OE height. Jeep TJ/LJ came with 2 different size body mounts. Don't use Dorman's part listings for these, they are wrong.

The short ones (Dorman 924-356) include a long and short bolt in the box with the bushings. The short bolt is for the rear, the long bolt is for under the grill. If you use the longer bolt in the rear it'll pop up through the floor. If you're using them with a body lift, use the bolts included with the body lift.

Reactions: skrelnik and jjvw
Do you know the OEM replacement for the ones that go under the headlights? They are not shown on the diagram in the first post.

I do not know of a replacement for the OEM grill snubbers. I would ask Daveys if they have a pair they could mail you.