Should I buy these half doors?

Kathy

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
ive been on a half door kick lately(like others). I found these for a 1995yj . I read the thread on converting them, but I’m not sure if I should buy them. They are asking 270.00. And I’m not loving that funky design on the door, partially because it will be cut off when put on my jeep. I can dye the gray uppers or may not even make them work as I’m not sure the yj uppers will work on my tj? Thoughts?
A45A5AC6-456A-4AF1-8699-1207769A3C40.png
BFAD5BF2-DEE1-43AC-8BDA-69CEEF5BBA7D.png

Are they the same red? They look a little different shade than your color, I would check the paint code to be sure!
I love half doors and have looked extensively and are just waiting for the right set to come around. I once found a set that was green w/tan inside just like my TJ, but it was a different green so I passed, TJ's have like 6 different greens.

Also I think the YJ uppers are a tricky conversion to make fit, haven't done it personally but I would just hold off for a set of dedicated TJ uppers...

Are they the same red? They look a little different shade than your color, I would check the paint code to be sure!
I love half doors and have looked extensively and are just waiting for the right set to come around. I once found a set that was green w/tan inside just like my TJ, but it was a different green so I passed, TJ's have like 6 different greens.

Also I think the YJ uppers are a tricky conversion to make fit, haven't done it personally but I would just hold off for a set of dedicated TJ uppers...
Now that I’m looking again, it does look like a brighter red. I’ll ask if they have the color code. But I’m feeling the same way at this point. I was so excited just to see some that were in decent shape at a decent price that I almost jumped the gun.

Reactions: EJD
I vote for soft doors. They can become half of needed. Not the greatest for rainy pt cold climates but they work enough to keep out the elements.
There’s a pair of soft doors for sale but I dont love the look of all black doors on my red tj. Maybe I need to see more examples of it .

Reactions: lowranger
Reactions: Starrs
The soft top part of the door look different on a TJ...but as was said that's an easy fix.

@Kathy, what color interior panels does your TJ have? I'm wondering because if you do end up finding a set of half doors with the dark slate interior panels, and you don't have that, I could use them. My half doors have the lighter gray, and I will need to swap with someone or paint mine the dark slate color...if it works out, keep me in mind.

@Kathy, what color interior panels does your TJ have? I'm wondering because if you do end up finding a set of half doors with the dark slate interior panels, and you don't have that, I could use them. My half doors have the lighter gray, and I will need to swap with someone or paint mine the dark slate color...if it works out, keep me in mind.
I do have the dark slate color on the inside . I think the previous owner painted the inside of my hard doors not because they were the wrong color but to touch them up. The paint he used doesn’t work well for cleaning . It has a rough texture and doesn’t clean up well when I detail the inside. Something to consider if you end up painting yours.

Reactions: KCsTJ
I do have the dark slate color on the inside . I think the previous owner painted the inside of my hard doors not because they were the wrong color but to touch them up. The paint he used doesn’t work well for cleaning . It has a rough texture and doesn’t clean up well when I detail the inside. Something to consider if you end up painting yours.
Thanks for letting me know. I will make sure, if I paint mine, to use something easier to clean.