Should I buy this Ford 8.8 axle?

Did you break your 35? How and what broke?
Cool pic

These are the only 35s I've ever owned:

IMG_20171011_150242.jpg

I've owned a couple of 44s and only ever had twisted shafts.

IMG_20180317_105243.jpg

Still don’t see what it has to do with here. You also should get more ground clearance with that axle and lose the chunky diff gaurd. :clapclap:
What it has to do with is education and why the 8.8 is a pig of an axle. You seemed to lack the understanding that there more than a single aspect of ground clearance which devolved into examples showing you the difference in not only height above the ground but also the width of that height above the ground.

You then started poking a bit of fun about scratching a diff on a rock and at the same time failed to address the fact that it is not always convenient or prudent to back up.

Now do you understand what that has to do with here?

Reactions: jodomcfrodo
What it has to do with is education and why the 8.8 is a pig of an axle. You seemed to lack the understanding that there more than a single aspect of ground clearance which devolved into examples showing you the difference in not only height above the ground but also the width of that height above the ground.

You then started poking a bit of fun about scratching a diff on a rock and at the same time failed to address the fact that it is not always convenient or prudent to back up.

Now do you understand what that has to do with here?

Relax. Don’t get your feelings hurt!

You posted one picture of an upside down 8.8 diff. Nothing to even compare it to. Not even anything in the photo to compare the size of the diff housing to.
Then you start posting your super sweet, super expensive Dana 60....cool! Still nothing to help the thread.
I said I will post an actual thread with some pics, measurements and numbers later.

...Still nothing to help the thread.

Do you have anything that will help the thread? So far, all you have done is reenforce the arguments against the 8.8. Yet you keep dangling something that suggests it is a good axle for a TJ. What is it? You can post it here rather than make a separate thread about it. Consider it a preview of the "real" information that isn't to be found here.

Do you have anything that will help the thread? So far, all you have done is reenforce the arguments against the 8.8. Yet you keep dangling something that suggests it is a good axle for a TJ. What is it? You can post it here rather than make a separate thread about it. Consider it a preview of the "real" information that isn't to be found here.

How many times have I said I’m gonna start a thread when I get pics and more info?