Should I buy this TJ Rubicon?

Brannon

Seeking Overland Adventures
Supporting Member
I am currently building my 97 Sport, Ax-15, dana 30 / ultimate dana 35c with 4.56 gears . I found a TJ Rubicon should I buy it for the drive train?

I am deleting the post in a few hours. I sent an email to the seller and got no response.

A question with no details or pics? :rolleyes:
RIP thread.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: P man and J.Pierce
I am deleting the post in a few hours. I sent an email to the seller and got no response.

Don’t be too quick to delete it- He may be waiting for us to give you permission. We have more influence than the typical Jeep Forum. Several heads of state scan the form regularly looking for good ideas.

• Haha
Reactions: TheBoogieman
Jeeps are like women and looks can be deceiving. 🤫
View attachment 348892

Under the makeup. :oops:

View attachment 348895

View attachment 348896

You are not kidding and I noticed that they have come up with all sorts of things to make themselves look quite a bit more attractive than they might be- There is some false advertising going on.

There was a woman that died and she pleaded and God sent her back to life and told her he would let her live another year- She decided to make the most of it and got all kinds of plastic surgery and changed her hair color and ended up living like 10 years and then she passed away and went back to heaven-

She was asking the creator why he didn’t take her after the year like he promised and he said he wanted to but he couldn’t recognize her 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: TheBoogieman
Regardless of the answer from this seller, no. The Dana 44 lockers are not great. The Dana 44 front axle is a pig with worse ground clearance and is heavier with little additional strength. The NP whatever 4:1 is too low for most people, heavy and huge. Basically all around the Rubicon drive-train is fine but no upgrade when you compare it to a re-geared and locked Dana 30 along with an NP231. If you get a super 35 you will be way better off. Other than bragging rights the only reason to get a Rubicon is so you can run ratios higher than 5.13 in the front axle, that's it.