Should I let my wife drive it?

AndyG

Because some other guys are perverts
Lifetime Supporting Member
Shoot straight , ya'll know the "I love her but....." feeling you get about this.

She says she wants to, and I want her to, Like later.

Maybe.

My wife drives my tj and zj any time she wants too. Got done with an off road event, a muddy mess I knew the tj would have a wobble with all the mud in the rims. I strongly suggested I drive till we washed it but she insisted. Got death wobble no more than 100ft from the entrance and she drove it like a champ. That point on I don’t have any problems with her driving anything.
27260fdb1034a1dcc2f621f6be16ebc6.jpg

Reactions: Chris
Sure, I'd let her drive it. That's what good insurance is for. I always just tell her when she drives it to please park way in the back of the parking lot so that people don't run into it, park next to it, and other stupid stuff.

Reactions: AndyG
Sure why not...I let my daughter learn to drive in it..Scary?,...yes Nervous ?...yes, Would you do it again?...yes without a doubt. :D

On the bright side if she breaks anything you have a great reason to upgrade parts !! lol

Yeah I let her drive it. She knows how much I like it so she was really nervous at first but she drives it well. Plus she loves getting waved at :wave:

Shoot straight , ya'll know the "I love her but....." feeling you get about this.

She says she wants to, and I want her to, Like later.

Maybe.

No. I don't know the "I love her but..." feeling.

Why would you have any hesitation to let your wife drive?

Reactions: RussTJ
Mine can drive it anytime, almost. Is she a bad driver?

No. I don't know the "I love her but..." feeling.

Why would you have any hesitation to let your wife drive?
Man I'm just poking fun .we have been married 25 years.

I wish it was that easy! I’d let her drive it every day.

Right after we bought our LJ we headed to the Jasper Jeepfest here in GA. Her comment while we were riding on the trails was it was way more harsh than our old TJ, and how could we fix that. Well Rancho had a booth at the event, and their big Shocktober sale was coming up. Ended up with my RS9000XLs out of that event. ;) Kinda did the same with my ExoGate the next year so I could "better support" the 33 on the tail gate. ;)

Reactions: ATTolan
Sure, I'd let her drive it. That's what good insurance is for. I always just tell her when she drives it to please park way in the back of the parking lot so that people don't run into it, park next to it, and other stupid stuff.

"Part in the back and MAKE SURE you leave plenty of room for a tire stack."

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions: Chris
Not to put a damper on anything but explain to the wife how dangerous Tj s are on the highway because of its short wheelbase. :)
2 hands @ 10 and 2 at all times !
No texting or putting on makeup ! :)