Should I remove my mud flaps?

Michael Roberson

TJ Enthusiast
The Ol' Silver Dollar came with Mud flaps. I'm entertaining the idea of removing them. Thoughts?
bbb84447c691623202e830ce9bd2f065.jpg
41e5e04265e37c68d59127339a26a0a4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those might look OK and function well on some Jeeps ... but not mine! :p

I found a complete set at a pick-n-pull. I grabbed 2 for my trailer ($5 for the pair with the original brackets). The other 2 were in good shape but I couldn't get them off because the TJ was so badly crash damaged.

TJ's look good dirty anyway. Chalk it up as another thing I like about TJ's

Reactions: Fouledplugs
(my Jeep came to me with mudflaps). I liked my mudflaps a lot until I backed up on a steep incline and tore both off. A badly attended funeral for them was the last thought I had of them until today.

Mudflaps, or fenders are a legal requirment most everywhere.... it just rarely gets enforced.

The mudflap must extend to the axle/wheel centerline.
The fender must cover the entire tire.

Thats the law which is seldom enforced..... this might be one of the ugliest homebilt ways to comply with the fender regulation.

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg

When I drove truck, I drilled 2 holes in each mud flap and had bungees to lift the mud flaps when backing up on soft soil... ie a farmers field. .... today I don't worry about the mudflap thing but the tires extending beyond the fenders on the highway..... especially in the winter is pure stupidity.

Last edited: