Should I reuse this washer on the end of sway bar link?

Matt77

TJ Enthusiast
The bottom of my sway link has a spacer bolt on it. Am I supposed to pry that off and reuse it?
20180725_181620.jpg

Are you replacing them with sway bar disconnects?

Either way, you don't need to reuse that washer. Mine didn't have washers on them, nor did I reuse them.

Reactions: Matt77
Are you replacing them with sway bar disconnects?

Either way, you don't need to reuse that washer. Mine didn't have washers on them, nor did I reuse them.
That's not a washer man. It's a giant nut. The reason for it is bc my jeep has like a 3" lift on it and that spacer nut makes the sway link line up with top and bottom brackets. I'm not replacing the sway bar. Just the links and bushings. My jeep is 20 years old. And needs alot of tlc with the suspension and steering not to mention it has the DW and has been hardly used for years. Has like 120k miles on it.

That's not a washer man. It's a giant nut. The reason for it is bc my jeep has like a 3" lift on it and that spacer nut makes the sway link line up with top and bottom brackets. I'm not replacing the sway bar. Just the links and bushings. My jeep is 20 years old. And needs alot of tlc with the suspension and steering not to mention it has the DW and has been hardly used for years. Has like 120k miles on it.

I thought you were talking about the washer on the end of that bolt.

That nut shouldn't be there, not from the factory at least (well, it wasn't on mine). But if it's there due to the lift to make the sway bar line up, then I would say replace it, that way you don't have a bunch of slop.

Reactions: Matt77