Should I trade sell my 33x12.5r15 M/T for 33x10.5 A/T?

Abrao865d

Hello again everyone. Quick question wondering your opinion.

I’ve had my LJ with these Cooper Discovery STT M/T tires for about 3 years. It’s worked out great never at a loss for traction on the trails and does alright in the snow. I live in Vegas but moving to Denver this summer so snow is a factor in this for sure. My main goal is highway comfort/street comfort and moderate wheeling 3-4 times a month. It’s not a D/D either I just don’t want to hesitate to reach out a little further on my adventures. Should I sell my Coopers and get 33x10.5r15 A/T? I was thinking BFG KO2 since people seem to like those and they do everything pretty well it seems.

or will I not actually notice much difference in steering/ mpg / noise?

39F89DBB-B8E5-4A8A-A044-089D72DD5E8B.jpeg

6743FE37-8F00-4DAD-90DD-8D494B6AC9CC.jpeg

Reactions: Ephry73
The AT tires will do better on bad street conditions than the MT will, but I don't know if they use salt and brine out there (I'm in NY). I would wait till you get there and find out from the people in your area what they are using.

The AT tires will do better on bad street conditions than the MT will, but I don't know if they use salt and brine out there (I'm in NY). I would wait till you get there and find out from the people in your area what they are using.

I ran 33x12.5 MTRs for a few years and then switched to 33x10.5 KO2s when those wore out. My Jeep was my DD back then. The KO2s are going to be significantly smoother and quieter on road. I didn’t regret the switch at all. I only actually put the KO2s to the test once at Uwharrie, but they did pretty well. With that said though, now that the TJ is no longer my DD, I think I’ll be going to 12.5 mud terrains when the KO2s are done.

Nice thanks for the info! I haven’t bought tires in about 10 years is there a go to place people like these days for price/warranty etc?

I called around my local tire shops to compare with places like Tire Rack. And actually saved more than $10 a tire. Went and put that extra $50 into the Jeep Slush Fund!👍

Reactions: Ephry73
Not worth it. If you already have 33" Coopers, I'd wait until they're worn out to replace them. Out of many MT, the Cooper handle well on the road.

The 10.5 AT will handle better on the street, worse when wheeling. Definitely a trade off.

I used to run a 35x12.5x17 tire on my JKU here in NY and it did fine in the winter. Ice, slush and snow. When those went, I upped to 37 same brand and model. they were both loud.

I say leave it as is, when your tires are due for a change you will have a better idea as to whether or not you can keep the version you have.