Show me your hood vents

Hi @jjvw . Can you say a bit more? I'm eager to hear how you measured the decrease. And did you notice (or were you able to actually measure) any difference in power due to cooler air intake? I'm wondering, for instance, how this might compare to various cool-air-intake systems.
I measured through odbii. Beyond that, I couldn't tell any difference.

Reactions: SSTJ and Nickgsjeep
I will install these on mine but am still looking for some sort of hood scoop in the front also. Being picky I may have to make a custom one.

louvers.jpg

Here’s mine. All three from Genright. But I didn’t do it for cooling. From a previous iteration of the rig I had holes in the hood for a supercharger and coilovers which poked through. When I went to the Hemi, it left me with holes in the hood no longer needed. This was the easiest way to cover the holes….

467399E0-1EA3-46B4-AD69-42E8038850DC.jpeg

How did you steel that, I paid just over a hundred bucks for mine in great shape, ended up not wanting to cut my hood so they are on the shelf.
I’d be happy to clear that space on your shelf

I've been thinking about using some jl rubicon hood vents...
I've had some separate on their own, leading me to think you could pry them apart with heat and patience and have functional vents.

86F3ABDE-CF81-494D-A182-57C368558768.jpeg
ADBB76BB-7CA0-48E5-A6D2-434CA92F1D36.jpeg

How effective or attractive this scoop is can be debated but here’s what came with mine. I’d probably remove it if it weren’t for the hole it’d leave.

No idea who makes it and have only found a picture of one other Jeep with the same scoop.

I found these:

00.jpg

Here:

https://www.mcmillanrodandcustom.com/external_moldings_vents_accents.html
I emailed them regarding dimensions, got this back:

Hi, Below find the dimensions of our hood vents. They have a 2" diameter hole. Sorry no pictures of the back.

Hood Vents ~ single (pair).................................. $ 99

Hood Vents ~ double (pair) ............................... $149

Hood Vents ~ triple (pair) .................................. $249

Dimensions: single = 2-7/8” X 5-3/4”

Double = 2-7/8” X 11-3/4”

Triple = 2-7/8” X 17-3/4”

—————————————————————————————————————

Might be a possibility as a side-of-hood vent - would eliminate most of the rainfall intrusion.

I have Genright's 3-piece as pictured above. I know there's a picture of a red TJ floating the net where the factory hood was punched "old school" for louvers. This is what I wanted but couldn't find anyone who still practices this.

Having installed hood vents onto my Datsun 240Z in my 20's when I was far more stupid than I am today, I wouldn't do it again. I see zero benefits, especially since the engine won't run significantly cooler with them. Not to mention the potential for water to get into electrical connections when it rains.