Show me your rear storage solutions (no rear seat) and switch location ideas in the front

T_Hase89

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Need to add some switches and increase my rear storage for trail duty. Most likely going to fab a hitch carrier into the tub area. I keep my 35 inch spare in the tub and plan to mount that above it. Show me what ya got.

I have the SPod for switches and a rear bumper mounted basket for carrying items. I would like to make some type of rack system to hold my Yeti up several inches so that getting into it while on the trail is easier. Right now when I strap it down if its turned facing outwards the two rubber straps used to keep the lid closed are up against the fender wells. If I turn it 180 the straps are facing inwards and everything else in the rear area seams to get stuffed against them making it difficult to get to them.

Iphone6 126.JPG

Spod3_zpsaab4965c.jpg

105_zps6d9cb25d.jpg

999_zpsd5fe3b74.jpg

Need to add some switches

I have a pair of small 2A toggle switches mounted under the regular switch panel. They are totally hidden and easily thrown by feel. Great if you are using them to operate a relay. There is plenty of room behind the panel for them and they easily clear the power ports. I have them setup so you pull them out to turn them on and push them back to turn them off.

15666900285080.jpg

I have the SPod for switches and a rear bumper mounted basket for carrying items. I would like to make some type of rack system to hold my Yeti up several inches so that getting into it while on the trail is easier. Right now when I strap it down if its turned facing outwards the two rubber straps used to keep the lid closed are up against the fender wells. If I turn it 180 the straps are facing inwards and everything else in the rear area seams to get stuffed against them making it difficult to get to them.

View attachment 111364

View attachment 111365

View attachment 111366

View attachment 111367

I like the switch box, can you give more info on it? Also how did you run all the wiring?