Show me your Savvy sliders

No matter what finish you use, it will get scuffed, scraped, and damaged if you use a slider as intended. I went with satin black for the aluminum portion, and spray on bed liner for the steel. Easy touchups for when the inevitable happens.

PXL_20210104_010029541.jpg
PXL_20210104_232657679.jpg

No matter what finish you use, it will get scuffed, scraped, and damaged if you use a slider as intended. I went with satin black for the aluminum portion, and spray on bed liner for the steel. Easy touchups for when the inevitable happens.

View attachment 234960View attachment 234959
I have some black Raptor Liner left over from another project. Plan is to powder coat the backer gloss black to color match the LJ and possibly PC the slider in a mat, chassis or semi-gloss black for a closer match to the OEM 'black' flares. Does the spray on liner stick to the PC ok if I want to go that direction?

I have some black Raptor Liner left over from another project. Plan is to powder coat the backer gloss black to color match the LJ and possibly PC the slider in a mat, chassis or semi-gloss black for a closer match to the OEM 'black' flares. Does the spray on liner stick to the PC ok if I want to go that direction?
If you scuff the powder coat then yes.

Reactions: NOTNSUV
Just picked em up. I’m reading if I want to body match color I gotta prime them first with powder coat. Anyone knows of any powder coat shop in Los Angeles area?

Shout out to Blaine and everyone at savvy

I should be picking up my gloss black powder coated GR half doors this week. I'll see how they match with the OEM black paint and expect they'll be very close.

I've been through this thread a few times and still wondering which way to go with the Savvy sliders. Is there a flaw in powder coating the aluminum body color (same as aluminum doors) and powder coating the steel sliders a more mat black finish, similar color to OEM flares, and just leaving it at that? I see y'all doing paint over powder coat, etc. I get the ease of touch up but wonder if you're scabbing them up on the rocks doesn't that penetrate both the paint and the powder coat?

I should be picking up my gloss black powder coated GR half doors this week. I'll see how they match with the OEM black paint and expect they'll be very close.

I've been through this thread a few times and still wondering which way to go with the Savvy sliders. Is there a flaw in powder coating the aluminum body color (same as aluminum doors) and powder coating the steel sliders a more mat black finish, similar color to OEM flares, and just leaving it at that? I see y'all doing paint over powder coat, etc. I get the ease of touch up but wonder if you're scabbing them up on the rocks doesn't that penetrate both the paint and the powder coat?

body color backers is what I would have done, but I was in a time crunch and they didn't have the matching red in stock and I couldn't wait 3 weeks for it, so I went with black. At some point I'll probably sand and paint the backer to match.

Reactions: NOTNSUV
Now I'm thinking of just putting clear on the bar aluminum backer for contrast on the black LJ with shiny wheels. Clear the way to go if I want to keep it aluminum?

Still dunno if I should PC the sliders, primer PC the slider then paint, or just quit farting around and use self-etching primer and paint the sliders myself. Just brainstorming.