Show off your other project vehicle builds and mods (Non-Jeep)

DuncLJ

🍺 Beer Guzzler 🍺
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
Is there anyone out there like me whose love for wrenching on an automobile extends far beyond just 1 vehicle?
Here's your chance to show off your other builds other than your TJ. Let's see those hot rods, muscle cars, trucks, and modern classics.
List what you have and what you've done to it, and any future plans.

Here's my 88 Chevy Silverado with a rebuilt 350 and a 700R4. There really isn't a square inch that has not been gone over at this point.
Lowered on drop spindles 4" front
C-notch frame for 6" drop rear, air bag assist for loads
New interior top to bottom
Floor shift conversion with B&M shifter
Cragar classics on T/A radials
Custom grill from mid 90's GMC
All rubber trim removed from body and bumpers
Pioneer stereo with 2 amps and 12" subwoofer

20180430_164947.jpg
20181112_104841_resized.jpg
20181112_104909_resized.jpg

Here's my 02 Corvette with an LS1 and a 6 speed.

Heads, cam, and headers make 450 hp
lowered 2 inches
Corbeau seats
Hurst short throw shifter
ZO6 Motorsport wheels

WP_20150627_19_51_38_Pro.jpg
DSCF1095.JPG

I've always had a customized lowered truck as my daily driver. Here are the last three, all purchased new...

Current 2015 Silverado (5"/7" drop)

'15-chevy-b&w.jpg

Before that, a 2004 Dodge (3"/5" drop)

'04dodge-b&w.jpg

And before that, a 1996 Chevy (6"/8" drop)

'96-chevy-b&w.jpg

I have a 56 F100 that I work on in the winter when the yard work drops off. It is a long term project. 408 Cleveland, 6 speed, Jag ifs and ford 8.8 rear with truck arms. First real frame work I have tried and am enjoying it so far. Built a frame table and a heavy set of rotisseries that lets me turn the whole thing. But like I said it will be a while before it gets done.

B
IMG_3342.JPG

I have a 56 F100 that I work on in the winter when the yard work drops off. It is a long term project. 408 Cleveland, 6 speed, Jag ifs and ford 8.8 rear with truck arms. First real frame work I have tried and am enjoying it so far. Built a frame table and a heavy set of rotisseries that lets me turn the whole thing. But like I said it will be a while before it gets done.

BView attachment 63277
One of my cars in my ideal 10 car garage would be 55-56 F100...loved them from way, way back.

Oh man... I can barely afford my Jeep. To think about another vehicle to modify, that would just make my wife even more angry with me!
X2 I would be murdered if I brought home another project. I added a leveling kit to my ram 1500 eco diesel does that count?

Reactions: tomtaylz and Chris
This is my second Suzuki Samurai I've fixed up. I'm keeping this one.
Spring over lift, lower transfer case gears, rear locker, 31" tires with American Racing wheels, front roll cage, winch bumper with Smity built winch with synthetic line, custom made aluminum box in rear with custom made rear seat on top for hunting (private property), windshield fold down kit and power steering added.
Mainly built for hunting on the ranch.
IMG_20180625_173741188.jpg

This is my second Suzuki Samurai I've fixed up. I'm keeping this one.
Spring over lift, lower transfer case gears, rear locker, 31" tires with American Racing wheels, front roll cage, winch bumper with Smity built winch with synthetic line, custom made aluminum box in rear with custom made rear seat on top for hunting (private property), windshield fold down kit and power steering added.
Mainly built for hunting on the ranch.
View attachment 63282

That is a nice looking rig, I love those wheels!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lot of sweet other toys you guys have. Jeep has been my only toy lately. Being a professional auto tech I try and use it to my advantage at home. Although lately, flip cars/trucks have been harder to find. But when I do, I’ll buy a cheap vehicle to fix and make it look good and sell it for profit. In the last 10 years or so, I’ve probably flipped 20 or so. It’s fun, keeps me busy and out of the wife’s hair and I can work on it at my relaxed pace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ive always tinkered on my vehicles. Though I only have the jeep and my bike at the moment. My first truck, which was my dads (84 GMC Seirra 2500), I threw a set of hedman headers on it along with a CB. I gave it back to him when I bought an 85 chevrolet s10. I bought it back from him a couple months ago, I want to do a frame off restoration to it.

IMG_2864[1].JPG

I bought the S10, at that age 15-16 I was idiot. I threw a big stereo in it and subs and disregarded everything else. That truck lasted maybe a year when the transmission went out. I had enough money saved and with the help of my parents I bought a 00 Chevy Silverado with 44k miles on. A great truck and one I wished I didnt sell. At this age, I was more about looks. I put on a 3.5" Superlift with 285s (equivalent to a 33"). True dual exhaust and chrome everywhere:cool:. I drove this for about 10 years. Towards the end I began to learn more about function vs. fashion. I had gone back to stock rims, had a tool box full of tools, the fancy grill guard with KC lites was removed, etc..It had 153k miles when I sold it.

Truck81.JPG

Goldie.jpg

I replaced the Silverado in 2012 with a 2011 6.7 Cummins that had 15k miles. Damn, another one that I wish I still had. With this truck, the function desire was stronger. I learned a lot about engines with this truck. I had all the emissions removed (egr, egr cooler, diesel particulate filter), and had a tuner that I was able to write files. I was able to change timing, transmission pressure, and a lot more. I also repaired the AC system when a solenoid (IIRC) failed on me. If it didnt function, I didnt put in on there (aside from the wheels!). Drove it Eastern MN and averaged 20 mpg. In 2015 my job changed and I moved to Denver with my girlfriend. I tried to keep the dodge but fuel was $5 gallon, and I couldnt drive it anywhere in town since it was a landboat. I made the decision to go smaller. I regret quite a bit. Sold this truck with 64k miles on it.

Ram2500 (3).JPG

Ram2500 (15).JPG

Ram2500 (6).jpg

With that money, I bought my jeep. With this I have now learned an incredible amount suspension and geometry. I also am all about function now (I mean, Im running a tan hardtop:meparto:). Ive swapped axles, Ive re-geared, Ive had the engine apart, Ive had the tcase apart, damn near every nut and bolt has been removed at some point.
20161122_122344.jpg

20160702_143053.jpg
20160805_102401.jpg
20160804_083727.jpg
cb3284f68016633107cb9d38a57a200e.jpg

Somewhere along the line I bought a motorcycle from a buddy. It was a 00 or 01 Honda Magna. I left this one stock (the only vehicle/toy Ive done that too). This thing was stupid fast and powerful for only 750cc.

motorcycle003.JPG

In Apr 2009 I bought myself another motorcyle. That has both functional and aesthetic things done to it. Emissions removal, pipes, ape hangers, steering bearings, and many more. I had a custom fairing built for it that I ran for a few years, then removed and sold it. Now its lowered 2" in the rear and 16" apes with 1.5" risers.

DSCI0435.JPG

photo2_zps6c0961ce-1.JPG
IMG_2488.JPG

The next vehicle I buy will be a truck. I am telling myself now that it will be left stock minus an exhaust, air bags in the rear, and slightly oversized tires!

Here is my cargo trailer converted to a Camper/Toy hauler

00a0a_bZGOo9LOOHC_600x450.jpg

christdunesbed15.jpg

inside.jpg
boulderset (1).jpg

It has fridge, sink, bed, microwave and Air conditioning. The media center is a 24" monitor running off of Kodi on a raspberry pi 2B. Has hook-ups and or can boondock with a 12v water pump.

It also hauls my quads and RC cars

Reactions: ac_
Yep! Except now I have a newer truck, That Dodge in the picture is a 1/2 ton, and I upgraded to a 3/4 ton.

Also since this is a lone mission, I am only bringing one quad.
Nice on the upgraded 3/4 ton! That will haul your Jeep to Moab with no problem :)
When I went to Glamis in January a friend of mine and his brother were there with their two Rzrs (the new faster ones). Fun riding out on the dunes. Never seen so much sand. Be careful....can be some crazies out there that might run into you.

Reactions: ac_
Nice on the upgraded 3/4 ton! That will haul your Jeep to Moab with no problem :)
When I went to Glamis in January a friend of mine and his brother were there with their two Rzrs (the new faster ones). Fun riding out on the dunes. Never seen so much sand. Be careful....can be some crazies out there that might run into you.
That is the sole reason for the upgrade is to tow the Jeep.

Yeah when I go alone to the dunes, I always take it easy. I can't break anything because I have to load everything up and drive home haha. I guess I could break my left leg, but that would be inconvenient for sure.

That is the sole reason for the upgrade is to tow the Jeep.

Yeah when I go alone to the dunes, I always take it easy. I can't break anything because I have to load everything up and drive home haha. I guess I could break my left leg, but that would be inconvenient for sure.
That would be inconvenient driving back with a broken left leg.
What truck did you upgrade to?