Show Us Your Camp Photos

It must be the overgrowth that makes it seem peaceful, I was going to ask if you were camped near Gilligan and the Skipper's hut.
If Gilligan and Skipper like listening to Funky Cold Medina and shooting off fireworks at 1am, then I might have been. But you're right, the overgrowth makes it feel more secluded than it actually is. I'm not sure the road noise level is any different than through my open window at home (same road, just different parts of town), but the added party noises were not especially helpful. I've never taken my dog camping so this was a test run for her and she did amazing, so that's the positive takeaway.

• Haha
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Anza Borrego - Fortuna Wash
27658116_1703389759682101_8030862731149882293_n.jpg

I forgot where this one was - somewhere in AZ I think.
28660786_1737275886293488_3528055067930682776_n.jpg

Bahia Concepcion, Baja - tons of scallops in the water here with meat the size of a ping pong ball :D
56879332_2304629566224781_2834329217338966016_o.jpg

Calamajue, Baja - Scallops here too, and small yellow tail off the Kayak
98266121_3144577182230011_1877528361987735552_o.jpg

Last edited:
My son's Scout troop camped out on some Forest Service land near Kenosha Pass two weekends ago. We had to drive up a pretty rugged forest road to get there, which was actually my first test of my LJ off road. I didn't get any shots with the Jeep in them, but here are two cool ones.

This lenticular cloud hung around in the distance for a while:

IMG_20201024_121057085_HDR.jpg

View from our campsite as we were packing up in the morning as the snow moved in:

IMG_20201025_080013550_HDR.jpg

I don't know if there's a thread for general camping trip photos or if this is the best place for one. Chris - if there is please shut this down or redirect it.

Anyway, here are a few of a 5 day trip we made to Pog Lake in Algonquin Park, Ontario this week.

If you have ones you'd like to post, hopefully with your TJ/LJ, let's see them.
I don't know if there's a thread for general camping trip photos or if this is the best place for one. Chris - if there is please shut this down or redirect it.

Anyway, here are a few of a 5 day trip we made to Pog Lake in Algonquin Park, Ontario this week.

If you have ones you'd like to post, hopefully with your TJ/LJ, let's see them.

View attachment 109179View attachment 109180View attachment 109181
I'm curious what your trailer weighs fully loaded and ready to travel. Do you have any idea?

^^^ - "I'm curious what your trailer weighs fully loaded and ready to travel. Do you have any idea?"

Ballpark answer is about 1,600 lb.

It's a bit of a moving target partly because of the modifications I've made to the trailer (mostly completed) but more due to the amount of cargo I carry.

When I purchased the trailer the literature mentioned 2 gross weights. It was either 1,080 lbs. or 1,130 lbs. I went with the higher number. I removed 326 lbs. from the trailer and added 416 lbs. to it so the trailer is now about 1,220 lbs. When I've finished all of the mods I'll have it properly weighed.

It has an advertised cargo weight capacity of 990 lbs. I weigh pretty much everything from kayaks and bikes down to my shower mat. Some of that's a bit tricky. I will fill my camp boxes as I normally would and weigh the entire box to make it a bit easier. I also add a safety factor of +10% for my cargo. I keep all of this on an Excel sheet and am constantly adding and subtracting items. I currently have an unused cargo capacity of just over 550 lbs. and I'll never come close to using that.

I tow with either my LJ with a towing capacity of 3,500 lb. or my XJ with a 5,000 lb. capacity and have no problems with either.

Last edited:
I camped last week with my XJ. I left the LJ and trailer home (post #1 of the this thread) and slept in the back of the XJ. I'm trying to figure out a way to do that in the LJ which will be a little harder but I'm sure it can be done.

I camped at Oastler Provincial Park. I took one day to travel about a half an hour east of the park to go kayaking and fishing and to do a bit of off roading. The hope was to find the site of my Grandparent's off grid cabin on Isabella Lake. It was only accessible by water and I hadn't been there since 1966. I was not surprised to see the cabin gone and replaced with much nicer cottage.

It was a great trip and the XJ was quite comfortable to sleep in.

21-08-10 3.JPG

21-08-11 1.JPG

Last edited:
Re the above, I knew the nights would be HOT so I made a set of window screens. These are plastic and pop in and out in a few seconds. The passengers side shows the separate rain gutters that I made. I didn't need the one for the driver's side as it was under the canopy.

They made a big difference ... no mosquitos, no rain and plenty of air.

21-08-11 2.JPG

21-08-11 3.JPG

Re the above, I knew the nights would be HOT so I made a set of window screens. These are plastic and pop in and out in a few seconds. The passengers side shows the separate rain gutters that I made. I didn't need the one for the driver's side as it was under the canopy.

They made a big difference ... no mosquitos, no rain and plenty of air.

View attachment 272220

View attachment 272221
Nicely done!

I can’t camp in my tj until I can ditch the back seat and the kids! 😂
The kids might be the only ones that would fit camping in a TJ! When I had my seats out, I tried figuring out configurations that would work, and best I came up with was removed passenger seat, a paltform straight back, and feet up on top of the dashboard. Still don't think an adult would fit that well :LOL:

Reactions: Dunkut88TJ
The kids might be the only ones that would fit camping in a TJ! When I had my seats out, I tried figuring out configurations that would work, and best I came up with was removed passenger seat, a paltform straight back, and feet up on top of the dashboard. Still don't think an adult would fit that well :LOL:
There is a YouTube video on how to make a box that sticks out the truck to allow you to lay down. Smart idea but a lot of work, I’m ok with pitching a tent!