Show Us Your Camp Photos

Riggs Flat, AZ

20190726_192556.jpg

Didn't know this thread was here..

I am (or was) a hardcore ultra lite backpacker for years. Tore up my knee and the thought of being twenty or thirty miles from a trailhead with a bum knee leaves me pretty uneasy. Working on PRP treatment in hopes the knee will be a bit more trustworthy but for now, I am using the truck to get some nice spots. I am no overlander. Basically load up one of my backpacks with what I would take on a trek, a hammock, tarp, alcohol stove and some trail food and spend some time in the woods...

Most of the NE hiking trails are under the 'green tunnel' so you have to hike out of basecamp to get to any decent views. I trust my knee to do ten miles or under.. more than that, well.. time will tell.

2022-05-24 Cathedral Pines ON 11.jpg

2022-05-24 Cathedral Pines ON 09.jpg

Didn't know this thread was here..

I am (or was) a hardcore ultra lite backpacker for years. Tore up my knee and the thought of being twenty or thirty miles from a trailhead with a bum knee leaves me pretty uneasy. Working on PRP treatment in hopes the knee will be a bit more trustworthy but for now, I am using the truck to get some nice spots. I am no overlander. Basically load up one of my backpacks with what I would take on a trek, a hammock, tarp, alcohol stove and some trail food and spend some time in the woods...

Most of the NE hiking trails are under the 'green tunnel' so you have to hike out of basecamp to get to any decent views. I trust my knee to do ten miles or under.. more than that, well.. time will tell.

View attachment 342630

View attachment 342631

I just accidentally bought a Big Agnes UL camp chair.

Strong enough, but there is no extra room for comfort. It’s enough to keep the butt off the ground.

It has become my sons camping chair. 😆

Reactions: DrDmoney
Beautiful spot. Where is that?
And how cold was it after sundown? Looks like you’re at 10k

Lower Crystal Lake just outside Breckenridge. Camp was just under 12,000ft, and it was likely in the mid 40s at night. There is a good bit of day hiker/backpacker traffic to be aware of if you decide to go.

Reactions: Claytone
I push the front seats forward and string a hammock diagonally front to back.

View attachment 344362

I have to try that..

I use an 11' hammock. And I have my back seat in. Not sure I could pull it off.

I've tied off one end to the sport bar, through the zipper for the soft top, with the other end on a lone tree, but never hung inside. I've been hammock camping for about a decade with quite a few sub-zero trips I Never thought about doing this!

Reactions: CMBD and Matt1964
I camped at the races this past weekend. I started going to Mosport in Ontario 55 years ago and no doubt I will again next year. Back then it hosted Grand Prix and CanAm races.

I have 2 more trips planned for this year and with any kind of luck I'll have my LJ back on the road for the last one.

22-10-01 17.JPG

22-10-01 19.JPG

22-10-01 23.JPG

22-10-01 15.JPG

I camped at the races this past weekend. I started going to Mosport in Ontario 55 years ago and no doubt I will again next year. Back then it hosted Grand Prix and CanAm races.

I have 2 more trips planned for this year and with any kind of luck I'll have my LJ back on the road for the last one.

View attachment 364603

View attachment 364604

View attachment 364605

View attachment 364606

I would like to find a trailer like yours, with the rooftop (trailer top) tent. What do I search for? What would that kind of rig be called?

If you have a few minutes could you share what the trailer entails? I see the grill and cooler, obviously the tent.

There are a few locations I would like to go that require ‘self contained’ trailers for the winter months.