Show Us Your Camp Photos

PCO6

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
I don't know if there's a thread for general camping trip photos or if this is the best place for one. Chris - if there is please shut this down or redirect it.

Anyway, here are a few of a 5 day trip we made to Pog Lake in Algonquin Park, Ontario this week.

If you have ones you'd like to post, hopefully with your TJ/LJ, let's see them.

19-08-05 1.JPG
19-08-05 5.JPG
19-08-05 7.JPG

Beautiful area.

How is the clipper trailer working out for you?

It's been great! I was kicking around building a more traditional off road(ish) tear drop but was wrestling with whether or not I wanted to change clothes indoors. The obvious solution would be a an annex and I'd be OK with that. My wife wasn't crazy about it though. I also wanted the ability to carry 2 kayaks and 2 bikes. With a bit of work the Clipper solved these problems. There's plenty of room inside and there'll be a bit more when I tear a few things out. I don't need the air conditioner and I'm probably going to take the fridge out. It has a furnace but we haven't needed it … yet!

I built a roof rack for the kayaks and the bikes fit nicely inside on top of the bed when we're travelling. We just walk them in through the back door and put them on top of a moving blanket. I added the box on the tongue for a battery and 2,000W inverter and built propane tank and water can racks for it. I'm going to replace the 2,000 lb. axle and 13" wheels with a 3,500 lb. axle 15" Jeep wheels and put square fenders on it. The frame's not bad but I've stiffened it up with more to come.

My original thought was to use it for a while and either build a stronger slightly modified replica or modify this one to my liking. I'm having fun with it so I may just keep modifying it. It tows great and set up / break down only takes 2 minutes. The kayaks take about 5 minutes to load / unload.

Here's the roof / kayak rack. The one Coachmen offers looks weak and is butt ugly. I built a "T" bar set up that for the back that I insert into a 2" hitch receiver / frame stiffener that I added.

19-06-29 1.JPG
19-06-28 3.JPG

View attachment 109182

Bear Trap Basin, Stanislaus National Forest, Calaveras County CA, July 2019

Speaking of bears … I bumped into an old friend I hadn't seen in 10 years while we were at Algonquin. He had been there for about a week already and on one day they had 4 bears (Mom & 3 cubs) walk through their site! Everybody, bears included, just looked at each other and carried on.

Here’s some from the last year or so

Pinnacles NP

828B55CC-6FC1-4FA8-8366-512277A0C13A.jpeg

Big Sur

A42A0014-F6CE-4031-8002-CB977ADCEEAE.jpeg

Letts Lake (it was very hot, this trip made me want a bigger tent as everyone had elaborate set ups)

B52A84DA-A9B4-4866-A5F4-52E87EC1B59F.jpeg

About a year I upgraded to a mansion tent I found used on Craigslist. (Big Sur again)

6FFF4E6E-9B98-4164-AE5A-ADE3D698B85E.jpeg

Elko heading to Moab:

F3E80364-9200-486F-B83A-D0DB73607C95.jpeg

55AD2600-1F5A-42EB-B858-7E82A8596D87.jpeg

King’s Canyon

147B7117-8A40-41FA-AFA3-08CDD05BAD8D.jpeg

Here’s some from the last year or so

Pinnacles NP

View attachment 109216

Big Sur

View attachment 109212

Letts Lake (it was very hot, this trip made me want a bigger tent as everyone had elaborate set ups)

View attachment 109217

About a year I upgraded to a mansion tent I found used on Craigslist. (Big Sur again)

View attachment 109211

Elko heading to Moab:

View attachment 109213
View attachment 109214

King’s Canyon

View attachment 109215

Whoops no Jeeps in these. Here’s some at those campsites.

146E2A97-DAC0-48C2-A40E-7745D0EF299C.jpeg

3BED143E-C6CC-42CA-99ED-D4AF8A7E91B2.jpeg

2519ABE2-B680-4834-87AD-8FDA0EA483B7.jpeg

675CEFD5-F7D2-4E58-A530-9FC524F173B6.jpeg

C82E8A10-3F6D-4638-B76B-FBADF175DB47.jpeg

The first pic is from a few weeks ago at Bowman Lake, with a view from the back of the Jeep. For the past few days, I camped out for Sierra Trek at Meadow Lake (second pic). I’m trying to bring less and less stuff with me, so my checklist at this point includes:

Oztent Malamoo pop-up tent
Thermarest inflatable pad
Sleeping bag and pillow
Bug spray
Camp light and head light
Coleman propane stove
2 propane canisters
9” Lodge cast iron skillet and spatula
A small stack of Chinet paper plates and plastic forks
Salt and pepper
A few cans of chili, some Spam, or other food that doesn’t have to be kept cold
Yeti Tundra 45 with block of ice and 4” ice cubes (mainly for eggs, other perishable items, and drinks)
TailGater tire table
Cascade Mountain Ultralight chair
Cleanwaste portable toilet with WolfWise pop-up privacy shower tent
Lightweight Rising Sun 2-pole awning
Small duffel bag with toiletries and changes of clothes for different temperatures and maybe rain gear.
Outcast Commander raft and a rod if I have a chance to go fishing

This is good enough for camping up to 4-5 days, maybe longer if I have access to more ice or can do without keeping food in the cooler (since the ice is melted after 4 days or so)

4362A861-227C-4954-ADB1-536F00546FF1.jpeg
820D57FE-5578-49A3-8D44-AC3C69B599F8.jpeg

The first pic is from a few weeks ago at Bowman Lake, with a view from the back of the Jeep. For the past few days, I camped out for Sierra Trek at Meadow Lake (second pic). I’m trying to bring less and less stuff with me, so my checklist at this point includes:

Oztent Malamoo pop-up tent
Thermarest inflatable pad
Sleeping bag and pillow
Bug spray
Camp light and head light
Coleman propane stove
2 propane canisters
9” Lodge cast iron skillet and spatula
A small stack of Chinet paper plates and plastic forks
Salt and pepper
A few cans of chili, some Spam, or other food that doesn’t have to be kept cold
Yeti Tundra 45 with block of ice and 4” ice cubes (mainly for eggs, other perishable items, and drinks)
TailGater tire table
Cascade Mountain Ultralight chair
Cleanwaste portable toilet with WolfWise pop-up privacy shower tent
Lightweight Rising Sun 2-pole awning
Small duffel bag with toiletries and changes of clothes for different temperatures and maybe rain gear.
Outcast Commander raft and a rod if I have a chance to go fishing

This is good enough for camping up to 4-5 days, maybe longer if I have access to more ice or can do without keeping food in the cooler (since the ice is melted after 4 days or so)

View attachment 109232View attachment 109233
What is that mammoth of a rear bumper you have? I freaking love it. & Does it(the rack & tire carrier) tie into the bumper too?

What is that mammoth of a rear bumper you have? I freaking love it. & Does it(the rack & tire carrier) tie into the bumper too?

Rear bumper was custom made from 1/4” steel and it’s beefy for sure! Tire carrier is OR-FAB and rated for 175 lbs.

https://orfab.com/collections/tire-carriers/products/85201-jeep-tj-tire-carrier
I don’t usually fill the green water canisters until I get close to camp but then it’s nice to have 10 gallons of water right there.

It's been great! I was kicking around building a more traditional off road(ish) tear drop but was wrestling with whether or not I wanted to change clothes indoors. The obvious solution would be a an annex and I'd be OK with that. My wife wasn't crazy about it though. I also wanted the ability to carry 2 kayaks and 2 bikes. With a bit of work the Clipper solved these problems. There's plenty of room inside and there'll be a bit more when I tear a few things out. I don't need the air conditioner and I'm probably going to take the fridge out. It has a furnace but we haven't needed it … yet!

I built a roof rack for the kayaks and the bikes fit nicely inside on top of the bed when we're travelling. We just walk them in through the back door and put them on top of a moving blanket. I added the box on the tongue for a battery and 2,000W inverter and built propane tank and water can racks for it. I'm going to replace the 2,000 lb. axle and 13" wheels with a 3,500 lb. axle 15" Jeep wheels and put square fenders on it. The frame's not bad but I've stiffened it up with more to come.

My original thought was to use it for a while and either build a stronger slightly modified replica or modify this one to my liking. I'm having fun with it so I may just keep modifying it. It tows great and set up / break down only takes 2 minutes. The kayaks take about 5 minutes to load / unload.

Here's the roof / kayak rack. The one Coachmen offers looks weak and is butt ugly. I built a "T" bar set up that for the back that I insert into a 2" hitch receiver / frame stiffener that I added.

View attachment 109183View attachment 109185
Nice job on the rack!

Reactions: PCO6