Show Us Your Camp Photos

Headed out friday for Long beach peninsula for the razor clam season opener. Pics from the beach to follow.
20190921_144343.jpg

This is campsite 4 on the Sycamore trail, in the Charles Deam Wilderness.Its around a 5 mile loop, camp 4 is a little over 2 miles on foot.Theres a ton of coyotes out there, we heard them all night long from every direction.
View attachment 119699View attachment 119700View attachment 119701View attachment 119702View attachment 119705View attachment 119703

Not having any Coyotes down here ...Do you have to worry about them at all while camping ?
(unless your a Roadrunner of course) beep -beep

Reactions: OldYeller
Not having any Coyotes down here ...Do you have to worry about them at all while camping ?

Coyotes might be different in the states but up here they're mostly harmless, unless you're a rabbit or small animal. Heard more than they're seen. I'd still have my guard up while camping, but I'd sleep just fine lol

Reactions: Kiwi TJ

Not really to be honest, my cousin brought his Glock but the creek was dry so I decided to just get bye with a Becker bk9 bowie so I could carry extra water.Ive had a pack of wild dogs brave enough to enter my camp, but I've never had issues with coyotes.I love dogs alot so I wouldn't harm one even if it stole my pork chops.I like having them here, they add life to the woods for me.

You'll never know though, I saw 2 crows chase a hawk while I was out there lol.

• Wow
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Hey what kind of mushrooms are you collecting there? :unsure:

Great pictures. What is your cooking/storage setup there? There are quite a few members looking for new ideas, do you have more pictures of it?
I agree, its pretty impressive how it extends and extends...Its the table that just keeps giving haha

Last edited:
Hey what kind of mushrooms are you collecting there? :unsure:

Great pictures. What is your cooking/storage setup there? There are quite a few members looking for new ideas, do you have more pictures of it?

Chanterelles, lobsters, and matsutakis. The big ones in my hand are some kind of bolete that I wouldn’t eat.

The drawer system is made in stackable US military mortar cans. Water tight, air tight, mouse tight, bear tight, and kinda heavy. They’re ratchet strapped to a Tuffy drawer.

I don’t really have any good pictures of it in it’s completed form but I’ll take some tomorrow.

Chanterelles, lobsters, and matsutakis. The big ones in my hand are some kind of bolete that I wouldn’t eat.

The drawer system is made in stackable US military mortar cans. Water tight, air tight, mouse tight, bear tight, and kinda heavy. They’re ratchet strapped to a Tuffy drawer.

I don’t really have any good pictures of it in it’s completed form but I’ll take some tomorrow.
Sounds like you know the fungus among us.

Good Idea as there is not 'mushroom ' in the back of TJ's 😁