Show us your special edition

Modoc Guy

Jack of all trades, master of none
Supporting Member
I’ve often wondered just how many of you guys and gals here in the forum have one of the various “special edition” models Jeep has produced.

So I say post the pictures of your special ride, and don’t limit it to the TJ. Because there’s been a few different ones going back in Jeep history.

So I’ll start with my Jeep, it’s a 2002 Apex. As far as equipment went, it had special cognac colored vinyl seats, chrome wheels, the AM/FM-CD radio with sub-woofer, 4.0 I-6, automatic, cruise, tilt wheel, A/C, hard top, factory tint, 19 gal. fuel tank, air bags, anti-lock brakes, Dana 30/Dana 35 LSD, and a bunch of other small trim niceties.

The PO added a teraflex 4” longarm lift, a teraflex S/T dual rate front sway bar, Dana 44 in the rear with alloy axles front and rear, SYE and DC drive shaft, teraflex 4:1 low kit, Kilby GTS, Sun rocker guards, IPF e-code headlights, AEV Bridger wheels, and other stuff I can’t think of right now.

Here’s what it looks like now:

F5DBFCDF-43AF-4490-BE6C-6E98259DCAEA.jpeg

CFE9E9E8-0BE5-4516-9D79-0B8AA9E6850B.jpeg

9AE8C443-D8BB-4E43-B17F-D33814786BD0.jpeg

E3B61C2D-3660-4F8E-86C8-9B9C309D4FEF.jpeg

C10EAA95-F435-4527-9E69-A45C0881D78D.jpeg

The M8000-s was it’s latest upgrade. Pictures are from the last few months here on our Ranch.

Here’s what it looked like when I first got it home.
IMG_0744.JPG

IMG_0743.JPG

OK, so who’ll go next and whatcha got?

Last edited:
I have a 2006 65th anniversary edition. Will get some pics but here is the rundown:
The Jeep Wrangler 65th Anniversary Special Edition is based on the X package. MSRP is $23,635, including a destination charge of $600. Features include:

• SunRider soft top
  • 15-inch Alcoa aluminum wheels
  • 30" x 9.5" Goodyear Wrangler OWL tires
  • Heavy duty Dana 44 rear axle
  • High pressure gas charged shocks
  • Sirius satellite radio with 1-year free service
  • 7-speaker system including subwoofer
  • Body colored fender flares
  • Full metal doors
  • Fog lamps
  • Unique center stack bezel
  • Unique two-tone seat with embroidered Jeep 65 logo
  • Unique floormats with Jeep 65 logo
  • Unique 65th anniversary decal

Reactions: Modoc Guy
I’ve often wondered just how many of you guys and gals here in the forum have one of the various “special edition” models Jeep has produced.

So I say post the pictures of your special ride, and don’t limit it to the TJ. Because there’s been a few different ones going back in Jeep history.

So I’ll start with my Jeep, it’s a 2002 Apex. As far as equipment went, it had special cognac colored vinyl seats, chrome wheels, the AM/FM-CD radio with sub-woofer, 4.0 I-6, automatic, cruise, tilt wheel, A/C, hard top, factory tint, 19 gal. fuel tank, air bags, anti-lock brakes, Dana 30/Dana 35 LSD, and a bunch of other small trim niceties.

The PO added a teraflex 4” longarm lift, a teraflex S/T dual rate front sway bar, Dana 44 in the rear with alloy axles front and rear, SYE and DC drive shaft, teraflex 4:1 low kit, Kilby GTS, Sun rocker guards, IPF e-code headlights, AEV Bridger wheels, and other stuff I can’t think of right now.

View attachment 215599
View attachment 215600
View attachment 215601
View attachment 215602
View attachment 215603

The M8000-s was it’s latest upgrade. Pictures are from the last few months here on our Ranch.

Oops, I’ll have to edit, and add those later.

OK, so who’l go next and whatcha got?
Is that a Smittybuilt winch plate or a Fishbone?

View attachment 215599
View attachment 215600
View attachment 215601
View attachment 215602
View attachment 215603

Oops, I’ll have to edit, and add those later.

OK, so who’l go next and whatcha got?
I had no idea this package existed. Interesting. Jeep looks good though!

I have a 2006 65th anniversary edition. Will get some pics but here is the rundown:
The Jeep Wrangler 65th Anniversary Special Edition is based on the X package. MSRP is $23,635, including a destination charge of $600. Features include:

• SunRider soft top
  • 15-inch Alcoa aluminum wheels
  • 30" x 9.5" Goodyear Wrangler OWL tires
  • Heavy duty Dana 44 rear axle
  • High pressure gas charged shocks
  • Sirius satellite radio with 1-year free service
  • 7-speaker system including subwoofer
  • Body colored fender flares
  • Full metal doors
  • Fog lamps
  • Unique center stack bezel
  • Unique two-tone seat with embroidered Jeep 65 logo
  • Unique floormats with Jeep 65 logo
  • Unique 65th anniversary decal
Export 65th got ecco 2 tone wheels to match 2 tone interior, tilt steering cruise control rear fog lights rear-view mirror with built in lights compass and temp display, built in Garmin jeep trail guide navigation as well as the above. :)

I have a 2002 Grizzly UK edition, I have no idea what, if anything, is 'special' about it as I don't know what stock model it was based on and therefore what may be different :unsure: It is pretty basic, so if it is 'upspec'ed' the model it was based on would be lucky to have wheels!

My 2004 TJ Columbia Edition with 89K miles; virtually stone stock save for 31" tires and a 1/2" spring spacer lift. Special Columbia Edition stitching on the seats, Rubicon (slightly wider) fender flares with Dark Graphite Metallic paint which matches the Ecco wheels, metallic silver center and instrument panel surrounds. Obviously a "cosmetic" Special Edition, as are most I guess. I do like the black with dark graphite contrast; I've added a pair of half doors with another set of OEM mirrors and all doors keyed alike. Soft top only, Dana 30/Dana 35 LSD, 3.07 gears, Cruise Control:

ColumbiaPoster.jpg

ColumbiaMineHalfDoors1.jpg

ColumbiaMineA.JPG

I have a 2002 Grizzly UK edition, I have no idea what, if anything, is 'special' about it as I don't know what stock model it was based on and therefore what may be different :unsure: It is pretty basic, so if it is 'upspec'ed' the model it was based on would be lucky to have wheels!
There is a you tube vid somewhere on the Grizzly and from memory it was an X re badged in or for the UK, its base model for a reason I think to attract land owners/farmers/ country vets and cops called "Vera" lol Its a working 4x4 without all the bits that break and go wrong which is what was wanted for tight country roads and muddy paddocks use.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and UKTJ
Joe and Fishtaco, let's see some pix of the interior, I'd like to see what's "unique" about them.
I have seat covers on my 65th seats and rubber mats on the 65th floor mats to protect them as you cant get replacements, I will look for pics, I am also sure the 65th got the wider painted flares same as the Columbia but I have not measured them but look identical.

I've got a 65th Anniversary one. The 2nd comment listed all the special stuff about it, the Dana 44 is really a plus. PO traded the soft top for a hard top so I don't have any pics if that was special. Also the floor mats were lost by one of the POs at some point so I have never seen what they look like. I think the seat covers look really good though. Still have the body color fender flares. As far as I am aware they are standard length.
JeepFront.jpg
IMG_5826.JPG

IMG_5827.JPG
IMG_5828.JPG

IMG_5829.JPG
IMG_5680.JPG

The OEM shocks were on it though, they might have been nice when it was new, but they were not good after 125000~ miles and the POs 4 inch lift. If anyone has more pictures of 65ths that have the OEM special stuff I'd love to see them.