Sick of LEDs already

hoochieman

Well, I decided to upgrade my turn signals and brakes, and back-up lights, mostly because I'm old and they're much brighter. (really because they look cool) did the back and they worked (emergency flashers anyway),... Got to the front and hit the "signal grounds thru the side marker light, oh and by the way, it's all controlled thru "canbus". I spent about a week trying everything I know (I'm a retired electrical controls designer) I finally said f@%# it and put everything back LIKE IT WAS. I should tell you now that it was working perfectly before the "upgrade" Now I have parklights but no signals or em flashers, and I have no brake lights. I have replaced the flasher module on the steering column, and have checked the fuses

I'll take any advise no matter how simple or silly it may sound. I'm falling into a supermassive jeep black hole...... once I pass theu the event horizon, that's it help me

Not an expert at all, but all I had to do on my 06 was to replace the flasher with one that supported both types of lights... Just that then installed the LED lights and it worked. I got mine from metalcloak since it came with my fender/turn signal light package... but others here have used others and could probably link one to you.

I know there have been other threads on this here so I'm sure others will jump in and help you out more than I have :)

Reactions: MillAlien
For your viewing pleasure...

(See if these help)

IMG_1374.jpg
IMG_1375.jpg
IMG_1376.jpg

this is the latest dated post for LED flasher so i need to jump it.

i had hyperflash with the new rear LED lamps, so i replaced the flasher relay with the LM470. thats the 1 i see suggested most.

anyways the hyperflash is cured but now when the left signal is activated it flashes the mileage and radio displays.
just left/driver other way works as it should...............anybody got a guess?

this is the latest dated post for LED flasher so i need to jump it.

i had hyperflash with the new rear LED lamps, so i replaced the flasher relay with the LM470. thats the 1 i see suggested most.

anyways the hyperflash is cured but now when the left signal is activated it flashes the mileage and radio displays.
just left/driver other way works as it should...............anybody got a guess?
Do you have leds up front? Guessing, but that could be the issue.

On my 05 i just put in a lm470 and all is working right, but I put a 3 wire led up front and deleted the side markers, and a replacement led bulb for the rears.

Do you have leds up front? Guessing, but that could be the issue.

On my 05 i just put in a lm470 and all is working right, but I put a 3 wire led up front and deleted the side markers, and a replacement led bulb for the rears.
stock sockets and bulbs in the front end.

When the side marker bulbs are converted to LEDs they cause problems depending on if the headlights are on or off. That's because that particular circuit depends on the side marker bulbs being able to conduct electricity in both directions as incandescent bulbs do but LED bulbs do not. You can fix that problem by installing the above mentioned bridge rectifier for each side marker bulb, or going back to the factory incandescent bulbs there.

anybody got a guess?
Did you wire in the rear bulbs or are they plug-in? If they are just plug-in you might double check they are in correctly or just swap back to regular bulbs and test out the LM470, it could be a dud. If they are hard wired then maybe double check the wiring. Did everything work fine with the old relay except for the hyperflash when you put the LEDs in?

Did you wire in the rear bulbs or are they plug-in? If they are just plug-in you might double check they are in correctly or just swap back to regular bulbs and test out the LM470, it could be a dud. If they are hard wired then maybe double check the wiring. Did everything work fine with the old relay except for the hyperflash when you put the LEDs in?
yes, hard wired.
yes, it seemed to work, just had the spas flash.
both lamps are wired similarly, and the right has no issues.

just found i got a side marker bulb out in front on that side......... any way that could do it?
i'll change it out tormw and see if anything changes.

Reactions: pagrey