California Sierra Trek 2021: anyone going?

I am, I’ll be part of the drag crew for the Friday Fordyce run. See you at camp.

Reactions: Bmxbry9
Probably just Fordyce but I am between projects so it’s a lot easier for me to be MIA
That's what I'm thinking as well. It looks like they run it Thursday and Friday. Whichever works best for you I'm down for.

Reactions: DrDmoney
That's what I'm thinking as well. It looks like they run it Thursday and Friday. Whichever works best for you I'm down for.
I’m thinking just Fordyce trail but I’ll probably trailer up to Truckee the day before and motel for the night.

Reactions: Alex01
Attended a meeting tonight for Sierra Trek and nobody has committed to run winch hill one. Any of you guys want to volunteer?

Attended a meeting tonight for Sierra Trek and nobody has committed to run winch hill one. Any of you guys want to volunteer?
You need to list what is involved and what is expected of you ? What's the good and bad of committing to do this, that way guys know what the are signing up for.

You need to list what is involved and what is expected of you ? What's the good and bad of committing to do this, that way guys know what the are signing up for.
Stack rocks and spot people on winch hill one for one day or three. Like 50 vehicles per run. Small discount for the event. The upside is your supporting an association that invests time and resources into keeping these trails open. No downside if you don’t mind stacking rocks and spotting people for a day.

I have not booked but was thinking of trying to get a group together to run the weekend after or even better a weekday so it's not as busy. I'm available most days of August if anyone else is game.

Not super excited to be in a line of 50 rigs, or whatever it is, but Fordyce is the goal this summer...

I have not booked but was thinking of trying to get a group together to run the weekend after or even better a weekday so it's not as busy. I'm available most days of August if anyone else is game.

Not super excited to be in a line of 50 rigs, or whatever it is, but Fordyce is the goal this summer...
Either is a good idea for those looking to challenge themselves & their Jeeps. I hear ya about the 50 Jeeps thing. The wait at the winch hills can eat up some time. During Trek the five winch hills have crews helping everyone get through those tough spots. Very different trail when nobody’s maintaining it. The buggy guys tear it up pretty good. Since I’ve already committed to Trek, August is too soon for me. Maybe sometime after Rubicon depending on the weather & water outflow.
Our club decided last night to run both winch hill 1&2 due to nobody stepping up. Currently our club only has eight members committed. That’s good for one hill, two, not so much. Just thought I’d throw it out there in case someone has the time. Either way, I hope to see you guys up there. Make sure to check the water outflows before committing to a day.

I'm down for this ^^ not much of a crowd guy.

Reactions: Alex01
I was going to but decided to just run fordyce in oct. Too many other events going on in august for me to make em all.
How is the water level in Oct. ? I know its the end of summer so it may be lower but you may also get the freak bit of snow 🥶

It's always pretty low, the freak snow happens. I live just on the other side of the exit in mtns. Never horrible. I run it on 5 inches and 35s no problems. Sometimes were wet sometimes not.