California Sierra Trek 2021: anyone going?

Looking at past years september / october seems to be a safe bet.
1625850944439.png

Isn't the trailhead in the same place as Signal Peak trailhead? Near Cisco Groove Campground?

I'm not considering Fordyce so much. Remember what boat pulling races are? They take an old beat up boat and drag it around the race track on its hull with race trucks. I would be the boat as you guys try to drag my sorry ass over that trail, lol!

Aren't you running Signal with the fam this month? Scope out Cisco Grove Campground for me and see if a 29 footer will fit in the sites.
I'll take a peek. I recall seeing a converted school bus and a few other class A's when I was in the area last time on the way down from Signal Peak. Not sure if it was an official campsite but there seemed to be tennis courts.

Reactions: bobthetj03
Wound up on fordyce today anyway.... took in axles to a broken tj. Water level was enought to swallow 42s. Trail is beat and fun as always!
Right on! I’ve watched several videos of people underestimating the water flow. What did winch hill three look like?

We ended up turning around before wh3, the ambient temp was 105 and I had my 6 year old as a spotter. Just went in for the rescue mission. There was lots of dirt bikes in the way and napa search and rescue was training. Went in dropped off shafts and flipped around. We did go down pierce ohv so the munchkin could swim in the river and cool off. All around good day. Just hot and exhausting. Did get word that they got out this morning. This was the broken axle rig.

Screenshot_20210710-060442_Instagram.jpg

Watched those guys break Friday night. They didn't seem to care, we offered to pull winch for them several times before they broke. Then the dumbasses fired off about 20 rounds way later in the night

• Angry
Reactions: Blazin_LJ
Man that is way nice of you to wheel in and do that. We should hit the trail con or fordyce

My club is very small, 4 rigs 2 tjs a cj5 and a ramcharger. Any of you are welcome to join us any time. Aug 21 and 22 were going to steaks and stories on the con. Sep 25 to 28 we will be doing a full run on the con and oct 16 and 17 were planning on fordyce, weather and fire condition permitting on all trips.

Either is a good idea for those looking to challenge themselves & their Jeeps. I hear ya about the 50 Jeeps thing. The wait at the winch hills can eat up some time. During Trek the five winch hills have crews helping everyone get through those tough spots. Very different trail when nobody’s maintaining it. The buggy guys tear it up pretty good. Since I’ve already committed to Trek, August is too soon for me. Maybe sometime after Rubicon depending on the weather & water outflow.
Our club decided last night to run both winch hill 1&2 due to nobody stepping up. Currently our club only has eight members committed. That’s good for one hill, two, not so much. Just thought I’d throw it out there in case someone has the time. Either way, I hope to see you guys up there. Make sure to check the water outflows before committing to a day.
We were planning to run Fordyce on Thursday the 12th before we knew about the Sierra Trek. Will we get turned away if we are not registered with this group?

We were planning to run Fordyce on Thursday the 12th before we knew about the Sierra Trek. Will we get turned away if we are not registered with this group?
I would call (916) 381-8300 and check most likely it is too late