Simple 2" Lift for Mall Crawler

jmess

Hi Forum.

I recently picked up a 2206 jeep wrangler tj x off of a grandpa with only 70k miles ):). I want to keep it pretty close to stock and use it for around-town driving. It's similar to my other one with the I6, 3speed auto, and 3.73 gears.

The Person who has it before put on a body lift and no MML(he lowered the rad). The jeep recently got all of its suspension redone, with OEM-type parts, except for the Shocks and Springs. They need to be redone badly. So I was thinking I might as well give it a small lift. I was looking at getting the TeraFlex 2 Inch Lift Kit w/o Shocks, then getting Rancho R5000x :love: as shocks. I think this will be a good combo since this jeep will see VERY mild trails at most so I don't need anything crazy.
Does anybody recommend I get some other parts with this lift or will this be good enough and give me a good(near stock) ride?

Thanks for your help.

Reactions: Chris
Simple, cheap

FA6FFD22-BA3B-49C9-9DCE-1D0E3E871F73.jpeg

The Springs that are linked in your post say that they are for 97-04. Does this mean that they wouldn't fit the 06' or is there another set for the 06?

The only difference whatsoever would be if you have an Unlimited model as they use a rear spring with a stiffer spring rate (due to being heavier). If you have a 97-06 TJ (short wheelbase) then the springs will fit just fine even if it's an 04-06.

The only difference whatsoever would be if you have an Unlimited model as they use a rear spring with a stiffer spring rate (due to being heavier). If you have a 97-06 TJ (short wheelbase) then the springs will fit just fine even if it's an 04-06.
Rubicon springs?

Rubicon springs?

Rubicon springs are the same. The only differences I am aware of on TJs are the 04-06 Unlimited models which have a stiffer rear spring. People sometimes use them on the SWB TJs that are particularly heavy.

Reactions: Tob
Rubicon springs are the same. The only differences I am aware of on TJs are the 04-06 Unlimited models which have a stiffer rear spring. People sometimes use them on the SWB TJs that are particularly heavy.
quick question, why go with the 0-2” shocks vs the 2-3” shocks? thanks1

quick question, why go with the 0-2” shocks vs the 2-3” shocks? thanks1
Because Rancho shocks run notoriously long. The 2-3” shock would be what you’d usually end up using for a 4” lift.