SInkTip’s 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport

SInkTip

Bought this today. One owner local West Coast vehicle so very little, if any rust. Needs a little work like springs (it's a bit of a tail dragger), shocks and a valve cover gasket. Other than that it's in decent shape, going to be a fun beach cruiser this summer with a little light wheeling.

IMG_2697.jpg

IMG_2698.jpg

IMG_2699.jpg

Reactions: Chris and JMT
Beautiful little rig! Either that things been garaged or they replaced the flares and milk jugs. And a Sport to boot! Dana 44! What mods do you have planned for it?

Thanks, I knew it was the right rig as soon as I saw pics of it. The family is already squabbling about who gets to drive it (wife and teens), but so far it's mine, all mine. Lol.
I intend to leave it mostly stock for short term and fix a few issues (fender flare/dented fender, oil leaks, new tires etc). Mild 1.5-2" lift, shocks, front seats, LED lights, etc. It will be street vehicle 99% of the time, light trails the other 1%.
How do you know it has Dana 44's? I keep forgetting to take good photos of the diffs and I also wanted to know the gear ratio.
Cheers!
Grant

Beautiful little rig! Either that things been garaged or they replaced the flares and milk jugs. And a Sport to boot! Dana 44! What mods do you have planned for it?

No guarantee it’s a Dana 44. I have an 02’ sport and I have a Dana 35 in the rear end.

Thanks, I knew it was the right rig as soon as I saw pics of it. The family is already squabbling about who gets to drive it (wife and teens), but so far it's mine, all mine. Lol.
I intend to leave it mostly stock for short term and fix a few issues (fender flare/dented fender, oil leaks, new tires etc). Mild 1.5-2" lift, shocks, front seats, LED lights, etc. It will be street vehicle 99% of the time, light trails the other 1%.
How do you know it has Dana 44's? I keep forgetting to take good photos of the diffs and I also wanted to know the gear ratio.
Cheers!
Grant

There should be a tag at the differential cover for the gearing. It’ll probably be “road grimed” so you will probably have to clean it to read it. I believe a Dana 35 has a rubber plug like the picture. The Dana 44 is a little bit taller and has a steel plug.

Turns out it's a Dana 35 with 3.07. Front is Dana 30.
A Dana 44 would have been too good to be true I suppose. Was teaching my teens (17 and 15) how to drive a rear wheel drive in a huge parking lot in the snow last night, then the difference with 4X4. What a great rig - it seemed almost unstoppable.

IMG_2723.jpg

IMG_2719.jpg

Reactions: 02SteelBlue