SJ’s TJ

Great question. I wanted something beefy and I honestly did really consider those. If these prove to be hanging up to much for my liking, I'll make the switch.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with what you did I was just curious since most of the time when you do this mod part of it is to get the raised mounts.

Reactions: Sj's TJ
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with what you did I was just curious since most of the time when you do this mod part of it is to get the raised mounts.
I hear ya, all good. It's really a combo of a need and pulling the trigger on my first Jeep welding project. I've got some pretty big plans for next winter. This practice gets me closer to those goals. Being able to weld is huge and I really enjoy it!

Reactions: Wildman
I hear ya, all good. It's really a combo of a need and pulling the trigger on my first Jeep welding project. I've got some pretty big plans for next winter. This practice gets me closer to those goals. Being able to weld is huge and I really enjoy it!
if you listen very carefully you can hear the fox remote resi's and polypro mounts calling out to you. "buy us, you know you want to"

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: Wildman and Sj's TJ
Well, next winter turned into this April. I decided to begin doing a rear stretch, custom mid-arm and outboard shock project At this point I’ve basically completed the stretch portion of the project and now need to do the outboard. Here is how it stands as of today:
0FCC16AA-3C52-4F85-9A58-87015E300E16.jpeg
I’ll add more pictures of how I got here in later posts. Just wanted to post this up now that it’s back on tires for the next few days before I start the outboard. More to come.

Well, next winter turned into this April. I decided to begin doing a rear stretch, custom mid-arm and outboard shock project At this point I’ve basically completed the stretch portion of the project and now need to do the outboard. Here is how it stands as of today:
View attachment 334117I’ll add more pictures of how I got here in later posts. Just wanted to post this up now that it’s back on tires for the next few days before I start the outboard. More to come.

3-4" rear stretch?

Last edited:
Reactions: DrDmoney
I had previously installed a Genright stretch tank. I read several threads on Savvy Mid-Arm installations and mirrored a lot of that. The frame side CA brackets are further back than a standard mid-arm since I'm also stretching. I ended up going with the TMR 4 link kit which came with all the brackets:
E688A568-A209-4BAF-B5B9-3A791197E3A1.jpeg

F397C1C9-39B3-44B4-B872-15083B320B09.jpeg

I used a Barnes coil spring relocation for the frame side coil mounts:
71BB27AC-7893-4AD9-858D-D9C9900BFB79.jpeg

4A59240C-AFA2-4E64-A071-8156EF37DFEE.jpeg

I got Johnny Joints from Currie and had Busted Knuckle build me aluminum links, 2" lowers and 1.75" uppers.

I've now got the Jeep at trail weight and measured the ride height and everything. I'm going to be tanking the tank back out and setting her back on stands and begin the outboarding work. Once that is complete, I'll work on the rear antirock. More updates to come over the next weeks. So far it's been a lot of learning and a lot of fun. I'm pretty stocked to say the least.

Very nice! :love:

Thanks Rich! I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I still need to see the interference with the gas filler as it's pretty tight in there. I'm about to go out of town for a week, so that will need to wait. I'm shooting for an end of July shakedown run. I should be able to make it, but I still have all the little things to finalize that slow down projects like these.

Thanks Rich! I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I still need to see the interference with the gas filler as it's pretty tight in there. I'm about to go out of town for a week, so that will need to wait. I'm shooting for an end of July shakedown run. I should be able to make it, but I still have all the little things to finalize that slow down projects like these.

Let see if we can sync up this year at Rausch. I'm thinking the August to September timeframe. It would be fun to wheel with you! (y)

Reactions: Sj's TJ and Wildman