SJ’s TJ

Reactions: Sj's TJ
Perhaps one day we could meet up at Winrock to wheel - may be about half way between us.

I’d love to get out to Windrock. I don’t know if Good Evening Ranch is closer for you, but I’ve heard great things about that place as well. The rig should be 100% ready by next season.

Reactions: NashvilleTJ
I’d love to get out to Windrock. I don’t know if Good Evening Ranch is closer for you, but I’ve heard great things about that place as well. The rig should be 100% ready by next season.

How far are you from Winrock? I’m like 3 hours.

Small update to share. The axles are both prepped and ready for gears. Waiting on the shop to get parts and get me on the schedule.

My buddy in PA scored some tires for me a while back so I went and scooped them yesterday. He also had a spare Irok that I’ll use as a spare on a steal wheel:

D44083B4-CBC7-409E-8616-2D3A259AD842.jpeg

At this point I have put my 2.5l/AX5/231 up for sale so there won’t be much work until that gets pulled. I’m keeping it in the Jeep so people can test drive.

Once it’s pulled, then the fun really starts.

Well this didn’t take very long:

View attachment 425318

So much room for activities 😂😂. The 2.5 looks so small in there. Next steps will be pulling the driveshafts and the Atlas. Not sure if I’ll get anything else done today. So far so good.

I remember that look from not too long ago. Good luck with the swap and look forward to seeing how it turns out.

I remember that look from not too long ago. Good luck with the swap and look forward to seeing how it turns out.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I have everything disconnected from the motor at this point. I’m going out of town for work, so I won’t get back to it until Friday.

Reactions: Wildman
I got the motor pulled:

IMG_3398.jpeg

IMG_3399.jpeg

Pretty excited to get to this point. I’ve tried to sell the motor and trans together and have had no luck. I’m going to part it out and scrap the block.

IMG_3399.jpeg

Reactions: Longwhitejeep
When you get ready to put your motor mounts in watch the upper control arm. Mine just touches the motor mount.

When you get ready to put your motor mounts in watch the upper control arm. Mine just touches the motor mount.

I had to trim the stock brackets to work. I'll be doing a front half kit so everything about the motor mounts will be custom. That will be the next thing I do after I pull the axles. Gotta find more storage space.

Reactions: Wildman
I decided to go ahead and knockout changing the input shaft on my Atlas from the 21 spline to 32 spline for the turbo 400:

IMG_3413.jpeg

IMG_3430.jpeg

IMG_3431.jpeg

It wasn’t to hard of a job. I don’t have a press so I put the new shaft in the freezer for a day and she only needed a few hits with the dead blow to get seated properly. I test fit it with the turbo 400. I think that’s too much drop, but I’ll figure that out once I get the motor in.

Reactions: Longwhitejeep
I'm surprised you stayed with the 5:1. With what used Atlas's are bringing these days you can almost get a new one cheaper than the new input shaft.

I'm surprised you stayed with the 5:1. With what used Atlas's are bringing these days you can almost get a new one cheaper than the new input shaft.

I called Advanced Adapters and they said to just see how it drives for awhile first so that’s what I’m going to do. If it drives weird or doesn’t perform well, then I’ll switch out the gears. The input shaft was $200 shipped with the rebuild kit and a couple hours of work, no big deal.