Saskatchewanian Apex

Yeah, but not a tremendous amount. Maybe 2+ mpg, depending on the terrain. Where it made the biggest difference was pulling grades on the highway. I was at about 11 to 12mpg before, and after the regear I once got 16mpg, but that was exceptional.

Before the regear, it was a major dog pulling a grade on the highway. Don’t get me wrong, It’s no hot rod now, but it pull’s like what you’d expect from a straight six. And I used to hate being that guy creeping up the hill with everyone passing you all pissed off! 😹

Got my aliexpress LED in for the underhood light, definitely makes it useable enough for checking fluids and whatnot in the dark.
Twisted loop 561 LED
DE0A4E69-BD2C-48B9-BDE5-2B708B6C8BB9.jpeg

Found out last week that my block heater wasn’t working, so I was gonna go ahead and replace the plug as I assumed it had just gone bad but decided the look along the cord and sure-enough the wire was nearly torn through at the block end.
Picked up a new cord today and put it in, just in time for another cold spell.
Also put an LED in the dome light and one of the courtesy lights as I found out the 2pk of 921’s I got for the dome light would also fit the 906’s for the courtesy lights.
Decided to try cheap MotoMaster OEPLUS LED’s, we’ll see if they last but so far really nice for $11 for 2.
View attachment 395818
Also picked up MotoMaster 1156 LED’s for the reverse lights, gonna pop em in and line the housing with aluminum foil tape on the next warm(er) day. Hoping they’ll at least be bright enough to satisfy me. The incandescents are so dim they’d might as well not be there.
If the bulbs still don’t make the reverse lights functional I guess I’ll be looking at proper LED taillights at some point.

Picked up another 921 LED and popped it into the passenger side courtesy light.

Also as usual didn’t get near as much done today as I wanted…
-Got one front tow hook on
-New rad cap
-LED swapped the reverse lights and lined with foil tape
45BB9F62-6FD1-44AE-AAFD-487565AACC81.jpeg

A74B1926-1313-4F50-8372-881662ED2D54.jpeg

8310DA85-4695-428F-AF2E-37853C8A284E.jpeg

Was really impressed from the outside as it certainly is brighter unfortunately I didn’t notice too much difference from in the cab (forgot to take a pic). I think the problem is almost that they don’t shine out far enough, wondering if putting one of the little blind spot mirrors in the taillight would help reflect more light outwards.
Wasn’t totally dark yet though so I have yet to make a final verdict.
Don’t really wanna drop the cash on real LED taillights but gonna list the options I was looking at for my own future reference if I do decide to go that route.
-Grote (G5212 & G5202)
(@ Amazon/Trailhead Customs)
-Rugged Ridge (12403.85) (@ JustJeeps)
-Quadratec (55213-0116) (@ JustJeeps)
+Novita LM470 relay (@ PartSource)

Ended up going back out to quickly see how the reverses are again (totally dark outside now).
8F6B3EEF-E908-4D40-8237-9878CB5A74B2.jpeg

Probably a little better than what the picture shows, unlike the stock incandescents I can tell that they’re there now.
I’m really not worried about the brake lights being brighter, just the reverse lights. So maybe in that sense I should look into a cheap LED aux light in the back, I just feel like it would never look as clean as upgraded taillights.
May also try some 4 watters from amazon.
But, given the total cost of $22.73 (LED’s + foil tape), I’ll stick with these for now.

Put in the new Rugged Ridge floor liner kit👌
Had to remove the PO’s amp from under the drivers seat to get the rear drivers side piece in, wasn’t fully hooked up anyways.
5FC743A7-C2F1-4C43-B47A-074DF61CEA68.jpeg

Also did some investigating of my power steering leak, 95% sure it’s my return hose so just gonna replace the rubber section and clamps which’ll be easy enough.

Fender flare resto using Rustoleum Wipe-New 1 year later…

May 24, 2022 (Before)
IMG_7565.jpeg

May 24, 2022 (After)
IMG_7567.jpeg

May 26, 2023 (1-year later)
IMG_0065.jpeg

My TJ sits outside year-round so I’m really happy with how it’s held up.

Reactions: Modoc Guy