Skid plate bolts

Good lord guys why do we need 18 replies to a very simple question?? I'm sending the dude the correct bolts this week. No you can't buy them at home depot or any other hardware store for that matter for the 97-02 tjs.

This thread is an iq killer nearing that thread about MC arms 🤣

Well, to be fair, the 03-06 bolts aren't available at Home Depot either since they are an indented hex, captive fender washer SEM screw.

Well, to be fair, the 03-06 bolts aren't available at Home Depot either since they are an indented hex, captive fender washer SEM screw.

But technically you could buy a bolt at home depot that would function..I always use oem spec bolts but I get not everybody is like me

But technically you could buy a bolt at home depot that would function..I always use oem spec bolts but I get not everybody is like me

Technically you can buy the 1/2-13 versions too and they will work well enough to get you home and then some in the 97-02. Not that I would, but if I lost one and needed to get it home, it would sure do that. Better than 4 c-clamps.

• Haha
Reactions: JMT
Aftermarket skids use 1/2 - 13, 1.5 inch, use tap to clean frame nuts and thread goo when putting back on.
Easy, if cheap like me.

Aftermarket skids use 1/2 - 13, 1.5 inch, use tap to clean frame nuts and thread goo when putting back on.
Easy, if cheap like me.

Does it hurt if they are 1/4" longer?
1663594384784.png

They have these in 1.5", how about them?
1663594491617.png

Don't even need a washer with these.
1663594558792.png

Found it.
1663594623581.png

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-lug-bolt-36131126191

These might work....

Once... (maybe you can find a correct sized "lug bolt")

Two things wrong with those and trust me, I looked for those in the correct size for years in that type wheel stud. The first thing is the bolts with the conical portion right under the head are SAE and 1/2-13 thread pitch. The second thing that really doesn't matter but still of note is the countersink angle for most metric stuff is 90 degrees and the most common angle for SAE used in fasteners is 82 degrees. You can see the difference easily if you compare the two bolts with the pictures. The reason that really doesn't matter is there aren't any tapers like that for the belly skid that Jeep used. The later metric versions are the captive flat washer versions mentioned above.

Reactions: Sensei
"Does it hurt if they are 1/4" longer?" mrblaine

No, does not hurt. (sorry took so long, found bolt right away, but took a while to find woman to hold !)

1663848793835.png

• Haha
Reactions: Apparition