SKIS (SKIM) Sentry Key Programming

Sorry to bring this post back all the way up but are you still offering this service? My new to me Lj is going through all the common failures. Fuel pump then the crank sensor now the skim module haha.
Anyway pretty confident I have a failing skim module due to intermittent failure codes and light and finally refused to start. Cleared the codes using a modis and it turned over but the light is still on. No ground issues. Power and grounds check out. My modis doesn't have skim tools. But with clearing the code and turning over seems be the keys are OK. Though I would ask to get new OE keys. This of course if the service is still being done. Id message but think I may still be to new . Thanks in advance
We still do it. You won't get OE keys though. They are non functional. The part number AA were good, they went to AB which were all no good, now we've tried a few AC and so far they are unable to be programmed.

We still do it. You won't get OE keys though. They are non functional. The part number AA were good, they went to AB which were all no good, now we've tried a few AC and so far they are unable to be programmed.
So can you go the opposite way and make my tj a not skim ?

Sorry to bring this thing back up. Maybe I'm still to new to send messages. Anyway how do I go about getting this done? Would like to get this shipped and your service performed. Thank you for your time

Does anyone know if a salvage/used module (56010209AD) can be programmed for a different VIN? I have one but before I dig into keys and programming I want to verify it will even work.

Does anyone know if a salvage/used module (56010209AD) can be programmed for a different VIN? I have one but before I dig into keys and programming I want to verify it will even work.
We have not been able to yet. Once the VIN is burned in, that's pretty much it.

Well, shoot. Thanks for the info.
Hey, neighbor! Have you called around to see if any of our local dealers know how to do this? I've got a brand new Skim ready to install and a couple of blank keys. Just haven't had time to do the legwork.

Hey, neighbor! Have you called around to see if any of our local dealers know how to do this? I've got a brand new Skim ready to install and a couple of blank keys. Just haven't had time to do the legwork.
We finally have a solution to the bad key business. We pulled the tumblers out of a lock cylinder so we can try and program the keys. That way you aren't trying to return a key for warranty that has been cut for the ignition.

BTW- get 3 keys, not 2.

I have not. But my experience with our local dealers abilities to work on TJ’s doesn’t exactly instill confidence!

We finally have a solution to the bad key business. We pulled the tumblers out of a lock cylinder so we can try and program the keys. That way you aren't trying to return a key for warranty that has been cut for the ignition.

BTW- get 3 keys, not 2.

nice solution. And yeah, I'll get another key. Is it just the later Mopar revisions you have trouble with or are the aftermarket ones bad, too? The 2 I have are not mopar.

nice solution. And yeah, I'll get another key. Is it just the later Mopar revisions you have trouble with or are the aftermarket ones bad, too? The 2 I have are not mopar.
I only have a small bit of experience with the aftermarket keys. We found one that works and we keep using it.

Reactions: mrjp
@mrblaine Is the SKIM service something that you do regularly? I am looking at installing it but didn't want to impose.
Jeep is '05 Wrangler X.

Process would be: buy the skim module and keys, partway install, send pcm to you, wait for service & return, and reinstall pcm to jeep?

@mrblaine Is the SKIM service something that you do regularly? I am looking at installing it but didn't want to impose.
Jeep is '05 Wrangler X.

Process would be: buy the skim module and keys, partway install, send pcm to you, wait for service & return, and reinstall pcm to jeep?
Yes, we do it all the time.
Process is acquire the SKIM module, 3 keys, send PCM, SKIM module, 3 keys, VIN, and ignition lock cylinder to us. If you are unsure of the keys being able to be programmed, we can check them first with an emptied out lock cylinder before we cut them. If you have them cut, only have them cut to the VIN.

I only have a small bit of experience with the aftermarket keys. We found one that works and we keep using it.

do you have a link or a brand that you're willing to share for the known-good aftermarket key? I want to finish this job but the 2 I bought are just random ones I found online, so I need to either buy a 3rd one of the same or buy 3 that I know will work.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.