SkyJacker Rock Lock vs Currie Antirock

OldButStillJeeping

Old School Jeep TJ Tinker
Supporting Member
I'm currently running Currie's Antirock on my 05' TJ. It is a bit too soft for me on the street, even at its firmest setting. I really like the concept of the SkyJacker unit with the hub type disconnect feature, but will be wasting my money if it's just as soft as my Currie unit.
I used the basic JKS disconnects with stock sway bar in the past, and still have that type on my YJ. But it's a hassle to disco and reconnect. The SkyJacker seems to be the best of both worlds.
Any experience or advice with the SkyJacker Rock Lock would be appreciated.

https://skyjacker.com/shop/sway-bar-assembly/jfsba10/

What makes the Rock Lock different than disconnects?

I'm currently running Currie's Antirock on my 05' TJ. It is a bit too soft for me on the street, even at its firmest setting. I really like the concept of the SkyJacker unit with the hub type disconnect feature, but will be wasting my money if it's just as soft as my Currie unit.
I used the basic JKS disconnects with stock sway bar in the past, and still have that type on my YJ. But it's a hassle to disco and reconnect. The Skyjacker ORO Swayloc seems to be the best of both worlds.
Any experience or advice with the SkyJacker Rock Lock would be appreciated.

https://skyjacker.com/shop/sway-bar-assembly/jfsba10/

Fixed it for you...

Reactions: OldButStillJeeping
Which is the anti-sway bar design by @mrblaine that is/was on the market and for which he receives no royalties?

I support independent builder/designers and entrepreneurial businesses. As a matter of principle I would not buy from a vendor that does not compensate the designer of the products it manufactures and sells.

I'm currently running Currie's Antirock on my 05' TJ. It is a bit too soft for me on the street, even at its firmest setting.
If your TJ is swaying too much for you even with the Antirock on its stiffest setting, odds are very good your shock absorbers are simply either bad/worn out or their design is just too soft for your needs. Perhaps your tires might be underinflated too as an afterthought.

I run good riding gas-charged shocks on my TJ and it handles fine through even tight twisty mountain roads while towing my pop-up trailer with my Antirock set on its very softest setting. I'd replace the shocks with better shocks before I'd replace the superb Antirock. My last three shock absorbers were all good enough for me to keep my Antirock on its softest setting. OME NItrocharger, Rancho RS5000x, and (currently) Rancho RS9000xl (an adjustable shock) which is on its softest setting.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. Not quite a year ago I installed Rancho adj RS9000XLs. Got them set to "9", Highest setting. It helped a little.

It's all good, I'll go back to my stock sway bar. 1 antirock for sale.

Thanks

Let me look thru my jeep parts pile and see if I still have my stock sway bar.
I'll PM you with a price. The price depends on if I still have my original bar and U mounts, or if I gave it to the local metal collector already. If I still have my old original parts... I'll let the antirock go for cheap. It's pretty much worthless to me at this point.

Reactions: ranger101
I'll PM you with a price. The price depends on if I still have my original bar and U mounts, or if I gave it to the local metal collector already. If I still have my old original parts... I'll let the antirock go for cheap. It's pretty much worthless to me at this point.

If he doesn’t take it, I’d be interested

Just to clarify, I'm not bashing Antirock or the company that makes it. It's just not right for my needs or my Jeeps setup.
I've got to dig into my shops deepest areas to find my stock sway bar if I have it. It may be some time as I've got a million things going on right now.

Reactions: Serbonze

If you don’t find someone else first, I’ll happily swap you my stock sway bar/hardware and throw in some cash of course.