California Slick Rock / Deer Valley Trail July 18-19th

Sounds like Winch Hill is no joke! So, you guys turned around before this obstacle?
No we went all the way through, but it was painful to think how long it would take to drag that LJ up the obstacle, he snapped his rear pinion off, broke his driver side axle (not the stub), and destroyed a ball joint winching up the hill.

• Wow
Reactions: bobthetj03
No we went all the way through, but it was painful to think how long it would take to drag that LJ up the obstacle, he snapped his rear pinion off, broke his driver side axle (not the stub), and destroyed a ball joint winching up the hill.

Yikes! Maybe it's good I didn't go!

Reactions: lowranger
I was the only one that made it up without winching but I was also 4th to try, so lots of rocks were already stacked. If you ask @midnightljr though he will say with a better spotter he would have made it up 🤣

Someone I'm sure has a photo but we were going far left and it looks like you guys went far right.
I too was #4 it wasn’t an easy obstacle without front and rear lockers @Plumber1 and I both went high on the rock face on the left, once the Taco got passed the step he couldn’t fit pass the tree so he winched around right there.

I was the only one that made it up without winching but I was also 4th to try, so lots of rocks were already stacked. If you ask @midnightljr though he will say with a better spotter he would have made it up 🤣

Someone I'm sure has a photo but we were going far left and it looks like you guys went far right.

Correct they took the line I guided you on. Not the sabotage the poor lonely LJ line.
🤣

Reactions: DrDmoney
Could always drive up and join us.
EAFB5643-316A-4B95-828B-17C6833D1680.gif