California Slick Rock / Deer Valley Trail July 18-19th

@Alex01 call but we can just do Slickrock then. Could take a nice slow pace and camp on the trail, and plan another trip to Deer Valley.

@Alex01 are you planning to tow?

@U8MYDZT was it you or @Lonewolf I was talking to about which direction to run deer valley?
I'm undecided. Isn't Deer valley fairly close to Lake Apline?

@Alex01 call but we can just do Slickrock then. Could take a nice slow pace and camp on the trail, and plan another trip to Deer Valley.

@U8MYDZT was it you or @Lonewolf I was talking to about which direction to run deer valley?
Wasn't me.

If there are enough people that want to continue on through Deer Valley we could split after Slick Rock. I really would rather get more in for my long ass drive. Lol

Reactions: DrDmoney and Daryl
Are you free on Saturday the 20th ?

I think July 11th is the only free Saturday I got. Maybe I can rally the troops so we can knock it out. @Alex01, @Midnight LJR , @Indy, how about a leisurely drive to the country so we can tag team @Thunderhead's Jeep with his pile of parts? We can follow it up with a shake down on Cow Mt. which is only 15 minutes from my shop. Come on, you guys are young! Tis but a scratch!

Reactions: Thunderhead
I think July 11th is the only free Saturday I got. Maybe I can rally the troops so we can knock it out. @Alex01, @Midnight LJR , @Indy, how about a leisurely drive to the country so we can tag team @Thunderhead's Jeep with his pile of parts? We can follow it up with a shake down on Cow Mt. which is only 15 minutes from my shop. Come on, you guys are young! Tis but a scratch!

@Thunderhead you live in Orland right?

We are just trying to do 3” springs and arms?

What all is getting done? 3" springs, control arms, and rear TB? DC rear shaft?

*edit never mind you beat me to it

• Haha
Reactions: Midnight LJR
3 inch springs
F/R jks TB
Savvy TC cable
Savvy control arms
those washers Blaine sells
Mini skids
Edit: depending on time
Front brake lines
Steering box skid
In my opinion you're looking a full day for installation. Once you guys hammer out a day let me know and I'll see if I could make it up there. I think the idea that we'd have time to wheel is quite optimistic though.

You can do the control arms too. Just do one at a time and make them same length. We can adjust them once the springs are out.

Reactions: Alex01
Sounds good to me 👍

Reactions: bobthetj03

That was me , I think it is easier to run to the north , but everytime I have ran it I camp I go south and leave my trailer at Blue lakes campground and then take the scenic way back around 4 to 89 through Markleeville to 88 back to blue lakes after I run it.

Reactions: Midnight LJR
That was me , I think it is easier to run to the north , but everytime I have ran it I camp I go south and leave my trailer at Blue lakes campground and then take the scenic way back around 4 to 89 through Markleeville to 88 back to blue lakes after I run it.
Approximately how long would you say the trail takes? It looks like the drive back to the start is roughly 1.5hrs.

If time allows there is always the option of running both directions.

Alternatively, we could run deer valley day 1 since it seems like it's the more time consuming of the two.

@Midnight LJR from what I can find online slick rock takes around 2-4hrs depending on pace. Does that sound accurate?