Small introduction

J R

Here for the food.
Supporting Member
First I would like to say this place is great, been on here for a little while just reading through stuff and there is some really good people here and some good free info!

So I sold my 69 el camino a while back (hard, so hard to do but had my reasons) and picked up a 01 WJ and started building it and then I came across a 2004 LJ 100k miles on it and it just so happened that I know the back story on it from when it was bought new so I had to grab it and sold my WJ.

Sold the Moto metal wheels with Ironman 35s right away and grabbed some black steel pro comps (wanted American racing but they were on a long back order, and I know black isn’t very loved but there very similar to the ones I had on my camino and makes me remember her) and some cooper S/T maxx tires, added my tigershark 9500 off my WJ, truck lite headlights and put a factory air cleaner assembly back on... don’t have a bunch of picks cause I don’t get out much I work nights and weekend but that won’t last forever.

I’m not very good with computers and phones so if I mess up post I apologize in advance.

Again thank you
From Henderson NV

45BB02CE-A06E-49AB-9436-A09459435CB5.jpeg

84D11AA1-6855-4707-B309-FA49C33528E3.jpeg

E79E4F56-A0CC-4502-A44C-4C8B43DC2364.png

6ADD0F0A-E2C8-4218-B931-21888DF287FA.png

7493F4D2-2E5A-450F-A8EB-4347B9EFF41D.jpeg

49B1BC55-6282-4ABE-9161-749A3A1D0101.jpeg

69D001C6-D74B-49F8-93CF-CA93CAF46818.jpeg

Nice LJ...and by the way, Shhhh I like the black wheels.

Love that 3rd gen El Cam too....black on black...did you run the stock 350 chev or is that hood scoop hiding the SS upgrade?

Oh and welcome to the Forum, my daughters help me with my TJ too.

Welcome to the Forum. A neighbor of mine out here in the boondocks has an LJ that looks almost identical to yours. Nice rig and nice El Camino. I see you’ve got some good help there too!

Nice LJ...and by the way, Shhhh I like the black wheels.

Love that 3rd gen El Cam too....black on black...did you run the stock 350 chev or is that hood scoop hiding the SS upgrade?

Oh and welcome to the Forum, my daughters help me with my TJ too.

It was a after market none function fiberglass cowl hood I put on cause they look bitchin nothing more... car was originally a 307/ 350 turbo I don’t remember the gears I took out. When I let it go it was a 383/ M-21 and 3.73s...

She’s a great helper her little sister is the one that likes to get into things lol

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Welcome to the Forum. A neighbor of mine out here in the boondocks has an LJ that looks almost identical to yours. Nice rig and nice El Camino. I see you’ve got some good help there too!

Thank you very much, I really enjoy it can’t wait until I get back on some normal hours and get out some... ya that el camino was a blast I do miss it... ya she’s awesome ty...

It was a after market none function fiberglass cowl hood I put on cause they look bitchin nothing more... car was originally a 307/ 350 turbo I don’t remember the gears I took out. When I let it go it was a 383/ M-21 and 3.73s...

She’s a great helper her little sister is the one that likes to get into things lol
That cowl does look bad ass that's for sure.....I have 2 girls too sometimes I need another pair of eyes haha

Reactions: J R
Welcome! I just bought a 04 limited WJ for my son and his girlfriend and almost love that thing as much as my TJ. Almost, but not quite ;). We’ve spent the last several weeks getting it fixed up to give to them this week. We finally got the back end rattle to go away after searching and replacimg for weeks. (Upper control arm ball joint ). You will enjoy the simplicity of the Lj if you haven’t already.

Reactions: J R and Kiwi TJ
Good call on ditching those wheels, they were ugly! The new ones look much better. Nice job on picking up a clean LJ!

How old is your daughter in that photo? I need to start getting our 6 year old daughter to help me work on mine.

Reactions: J R and RubiconMike
Welcome! I just bought a 04 limited WJ for my son and his girlfriend and almost love that thing as much as my TJ. Almost, but not quite ;). We’ve spent the last several weeks getting it fixed up to give to them this week. We finally got the back end rattle to go away after searching and replacimg for weeks. (Upper control arm ball joint ). You will enjoy the simplicity of the Lj if you haven’t already.

Thank you!
You are correct the WJ really is a nice vehicle, i wanted to finish it but didn’t need 5 vehicles lol

Speaking of simply I totally understand ,
Radiator replacement
Heater core replacement

C8CFF5E8-AF3F-46D7-8C41-5FA801D56D6B.jpeg

C401A458-0358-471E-9340-1DD1D417A580.jpeg

Good call on ditching those wheels, they were ugly! The new ones look much better. Nice job on picking up a clean LJ!

How old is your daughter in that photo? I need to start getting our 6 year old daughter to help me work on mine.

Yes they we’re terrible, funny thing is they we’re new also. Thank you very happy with it.
That’s little Alice and she’s 5, she likes to come out and tinker for a little while then leaves me lol I don’t push to hard it took her 3 days to finish the job.

If you really want to pay tribute to your El Camino, you could go this route:

View attachment 68196

Good call on the wheel change! Those were some gaudy wheels...

Man that one looks killer!
I promise you that is something I would love to do, i just don’t think the kids would have as much fun. But one day hopefully! Ty!

Reactions: Chris
That’s little Alice and she’s 5, she likes to come out and tinker for a little while then leaves me lol I don’t push to hard it took her 3 days to finish the job.

Sounds like my daughter. She's 6, and I can get her to help (tinker) for about 10 minutes before she loses interest and wants to go inside and play with her toys.

Sounds like my daughter. She's 6, and I can get her to help (tinker) for about 10 minutes before she loses interest and wants to go inside and play with her toys.

Haha that’s exactly how it goes, I tell them enjoy they playtime now working is inevitable.

Reactions: Chris
Welcome to the party! I love the look of the EL Camino front end with the double round lights. A good friend of mine in high school had an El Camino, lots of high school memories in that car.