Small mishap on Dishpan Springs

Rec_Rider

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Just started on the trails and had a slow flop on the first obstacle at Dishpan Springs. Not a big deal but after up-righting it, it did hydro-lock. Fixed that and smoked for about 30 minutes but other than that had a great time. John Bull had a bit of snow on it but the gatekeeper was nearly non-existent.

40679.jpeg

40722.jpeg

40730.jpeg

Damn dude.. What's with the door lying up on the rocks in the background of the first pic?

• Haha
Reactions: Vasq
I thought someone might ask about that. My recovery gear was in the back and with the position I was in I had to go in and out to get what I needed. The door was a PITA so I removed it until it was back on its wheels.

BTW, I had very little damage. I had a dent in the door (pounded out the next day), cracked some plastic on the side mirror, a couple of small rips on the top, and small damage upper door skin. Looking at it now you wouldn't even know it had flopped.

Last edited:
I know the angle of the flop doesn't look bad so here's another showing the terrain. I had a bad line and backed down over the rock on the left which tipped me over. The next pic is the damaged door and the last is after it was fixed. Painting with bedliner makes it pretty easy. I replaced the mirror with another that I had. That's really the extent of the damage. I purposely built the sliders to extend out quite a bit to help protect the doors. Not really meant for a flop but they did their job.

40836.jpeg

40845.jpeg

40846.jpg

Reactions: reddvltj and Alex01