Smiley Rock, AZ

rjinaz86323

Grasslands of Arizona
Supporting Member
Today we did Smiley Rock with our friends Carmel and Jerry. Just for info, both Jeeps have 4in lift & 33's. Was a great trip. We started this morning in Chino Valley (our home) at 8am. We arrived in Jerome just before noon, and stopped for lunch at the Haunted Hamburger. We covered a total of 34 miles to Jerome with about 20 miles of it open rough dirt roads, but with the time we spent in Martin Canyon (Smiley Rock is about half way through the canyon) our avg speed was only 8.6 MPH.

Thought I was going to have a great video of me going through a large rock field (both size and quantity), but my cameraman (Jerry) had a senior moment and it didn't turn out. Major Bummer.

Definitely not for 'small Jeeps'. I hit hard once as a didn't see a rock (we were driving into the sun, and at times it was hard to see). It would be nicer with the windshield down in the summer to eliminate the glare. But this time of year we had snow in several parts of the canyon, so it was Windows up with the heater on low. Our 'stopped time' was for airing up and down, and a couple of pee breaks.

uREfjgCh.jpg
9xCkYphh.jpg
9QOmCWyh.jpg
YJC6DRWh.jpg
YK6NgCmh.jpg
r3Rgvwah.jpg
S1JN88Hh.jpg
Jn7IRwnh.jpg

Last edited:
looks like a fantastic day out
I wouldn't mind going back to the Haunted Hamburger again
If you ever get to Chino Valley, you need to go to Lucy's Bar & Grille. Best burgers ever. Total redneck dive bar, with spotty service, but the burgers are fantastic. Here's a pic of our Harley in the parking lot along with some other customers.:cool:

poEKH8Hh.jpg

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
Small Jeeps unite ! We could run that :cool:

BTW, what happen by Lucy's yesterday ? Had to detour around there about sunrise. The police had the road shut down.
Major wreck (3 cars). Car got rear ended and pushed in to other lane and hit head-on

If you ever get to Chino Valley, you need to go to Lucy's Bar & Grille. Best burgers ever. Total redneck dive bar, with spotty service, but the burgers are fantastic. Here's a pic of our Harley in the parking lot along with some other customers.:cool:

View attachment 218130
Ha ha I’ve been there! The burgers are great... I think. Was hammered by 3pm. Stopped there on a cross country road trip. My buddy knew the place. Looks like a fun time wheeling 👍🏼